• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

4r70w motor plate ?

Broncobowsher

Total hack
The 4R70W plate works best. The upper holes are a match up with most of the others. the lowers are what makes the 4R70W unique.

OP
OP
bronconate68

bronconate68

Loc.
Vancouver, WA
The 4R70W plate works best. The upper holes are a match up with most of the others. the lowers are what makes the 4R70W unique.

So the lower holes are for the bolts and pin alinement? I'm wondering if I can use my C4 block plate and if the starter location will work with the larger flexplate of 4r?

Thanks,

Nate
'68

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
So the lower holes are for the bolts and pin alinement? I'm wondering if I can use my C4 block plate and if the starter location will work with the larger flexplate of 4r?

Thanks,

Nate
'68

The 6 block bolt holes and 2 pin holes will be identical between ALL SBF (6 bolt blocks) manual and auto blockplates. The difference is the lower cover attaching bolt holes and any other plate-to-bell holes.

Flexplate diameter is same between 4R70W and pan-fill C4. Not sure on starter location but probably is the same.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Starter location should be the same. But the C4 block plate won't match the shape or the bolt holes on the 4R70W. You will have gaps and/or plate overhanging the edge of the bellhousing. The bolt holes won't line up down there and you won't be able to put the lower cover on (if it is removable) or it will rattle and buzz (non-removable lower blockplate cover).

You want the 4R70W blockplate. Whoever gets the C4 will want the C4 block plate.

OP
OP
bronconate68

bronconate68

Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Thanks guys. I will purchase a 4r block plate, though it would have been nice not too, seeing how I'm on the over-budget now.

Thanks,

Nate
'68