• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

4th Annual MEB Wrench & Roast---AUGUST 6th---Dover, PA

Cip68

Loc.
Harleysville
I kinda do :) I can paint it. Guys at the shop I work at can wrench on it. Is the frame swayed 3" or just the sheet metal?

Frame, sheetmetal, snow plow frame and front leaf springs. And in response to Ransil, the car was insured but the driver was listed as excluded, so there's an issue with weather or not it's going to be covered.

OP
OP
Broncitis

Broncitis

MEB Founder
90 degree bracket made out of flat stock. It has (3) 1/2" holes for steering box mounting to frame and a larger hole w/4 smaller holes that mounts to top of box.

I looked around tonight with AJ when we were loading up the last of his stuff and I did not see it on any of the benches or the steel rack.

Where was it when you guys last saw it?

jmhend

Bronco Guru
That sucks. When are you coming back up? Lol

Frame, sheetmetal, snow plow frame and front leaf springs. And in response to Ransil, the car was insured but the driver was listed as excluded, so there's an issue with weather or not it's going to be covered.

jmhend

Bronco Guru
Guys I have it. Bernie, looks like something else you can make.

I looked around tonight with AJ when we were loading up the last of his stuff and I did not see it on any of the benches or the steel rack.

Where was it when you guys last saw it?

Roadburner

Guys I have it. Bernie, looks like something else you can make.

I'm glad you found it Jason. I should have made a template of it. Less than a minute to cut it out on the lazer and about 15 sec to bend it on the press once it was set up.

OP
OP
Broncitis

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Here's some pics of the super cool Dickies mechanic shirts Nhopman and his brother made for this the current and previous MEB Wrench & Roast project vehicle owners and hosts.

The project owner shirts have the year of their project under the skull and crossed wrench & BBQ fork and "Project Vehicle" at the botom.

Nice work as always Nick!

I think I now have 30 (or more) so MEB branded shirts, hats, jackets, tool and jumper cable bags, etc. Maybe we can do some socks next so I can be covered head to toe! ;D

Attachments

• CIMG7948.JPG
    CIMG7948.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 42
  • CIMG7949.JPG
    CIMG7949.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 46
  • CIMG7952.JPG
    CIMG7952.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 43

mtfit

Bronco Guru
Loc.
pa
so, never did hear the status of AJ's rig? is it complete? driveable? wheel-able?

ajportmann

I don't get on this forum a lot so, I apologize for the delay, I did post on MEB FB page but understand that not everyone there is here;

A big THANKS to those that put effort into making that wknd happen and those that showed up to work on the truck. Sorry to hear about the guy (Cip68) that got into an accident on his way. Hope that works out in your favor.
Truck Status: The truck is in somewhat of a rolling chassis form with an empty body sitting on top. The rear axle housing needs to be taken to a machine shop to be checked for straightness before the axles are cut down to length and the trussing and bracing can be finished. And even though we just about wore out Kevin Kiser (he did a tremendous amount of welding that day), there is a lot of finish welding to be done because most everything was just tacked into place. I had to go back to work out of state almost immediately after the event and was only able to get the raw steel parts primed and painted before I left. I have been making contact with people to get some of the issues we found during the build (Poly Performance) and some parts that didn't make it to the build (NWFab) resolved. Also need to get back to work for a while in order to build up some more funds to complete this rig, as I blew through all that I had saved and then some! Thanks again.

jmhend

Bronco Guru
I'm glad you found it Jason. I should have made a template of it. Less than a minute to cut it out on the lazer and about 15 sec to bend it on the press once it was set up.

It is not installed yet. Let me know and I can work something out with you.

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
They look great Drew. When can I pick mine up? :cool: I'm done with the mag drill and can meet you during lunch this Tuesday.

OP
OP
Broncitis

Broncitis

MEB Founder
They look great Drew. When can I pick mine up? :cool: I'm done with the mag drill and can meet you during lunch this Tuesday.

Nick is mailing them out, so you should have yours anytime now?

I got mine last Thursday.

Tuesday is fine to meet for the drill. How is the Volvo progressing? Have you been keeping new pics on the thread? I have not noticed the thread recently.