• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

***4th Annual Shelter Island Shin-Dig***

PLEASE ONLY VOTE IF YOU PLAN TO ATTEND!!

• I will make it only if it is on Sat Oct 14th

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • I will make it only if it is on Sun Oct 15th

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Doesnt matter to me, I will make it either way!

Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

67EB_in_619

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Diego
Where: Shelter Island Park
When: Sunday October 15th @ 1pm till dark
What: Just a get together .. We will provide a grill and some hot dogs / condiments.. Feel free to bring whatever else you want.

Hey everyone.. its that time again. Come on out for a afternoon of tire kicking and story swapping out at Shelter Island park in San Diego. It is a kind of potluck/picnic... nothing fancy. There will be a grill, some dogs/buns, and whatever else you decide to bring. We will be gathering up at Shelter Island park around 1pm till dark.

For those that dont know where this is, Shelter Island park is right on San Diego bay.

From the 8 coming from the east or 5 coming from the north, exit Rosecrans and stay with it a few miles and take a left on Shelter Island Drive. This will curve around to the right as you come up to the bay and the park is on your left.

From the 5 coming from the south, exit PCH, then exit Barnett. Take your first right (at a light) onto Midway Then Left on Rosecrans and stay with it a few miles and take a left on Shelter Island Drive. This will curve around to the right as you come up to the bay and the park is on your left.

Please try to let me know if you plan on making it with your bronco.. I will try to reserve enough spaces for everyone in one area.

Last edited:

66horse

Bronco Guru
Ill be there, Jen wont.

For those that have not been to this before, it is a fun time. You should try to make it.

Big Rig

Loc.
San Diego, CA
Count me in. I have a few odds and ends laying around that I'm gonna bring. What parts/misc items are y'all bringing?

White Knight

Contributor
I would make it on Saturday for sure. My boys have baseball games on Sundays. Let me know what days it end up being.

blackjack

Loc.
San Diego
Shelter Island

I will be there I guess I will bring Jason's grill so we can all use it for the shin dig.

Matt you won't have your Bronco done by then will you? I am changing out my rear leafs this weekend and doing the 1-1/2 rattle can paint job as well.
See you all there.

Blackjack

OP
OP
67EB_in_619

67EB_in_619

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Diego
i hope to have my bronco done enough to bring it.. moight not be finished.. but if I have to drive it there on a milk crate seat.. I will!!

jackson

Loc.
Monument
If it ends up being Sunday I will be there and as long as I get the bronco register it will be there as well.

Jackson

OP
OP
67EB_in_619

67EB_in_619

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Diego
Well.. we seem split between sat/sun ... so I flipped a coin and Sunday it is.

Plus that way, we all have one more day to "finish up" whatever project we are in the middle of!

See you guys there...

White Knight

Contributor
Have an awesome time! Sorry I cant be there--hopefully next year! I have little league baseball all day on Sundays- I take the boys to the game in the bronco so it counts for something :)

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
i'm not sure i'm gonna make it after all, i may have to work on that sunday. if you guys want to do it on saturday instead, here's one possibly backing out...:cry:

i'll try and make it though!

OP
OP
67EB_in_619

67EB_in_619

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Diego
It will still be Sunday... the official coin flip is over. Unless there are many more that lobby to have it changed.

You never know what might happen.. little league opponents might forefit.. work might get canceled.. never know. Try to makeit if you can.. and if you cant, watch for pictures!

Dachy

Loc.
San Diego, CA.
i can only make it if it's saturday, got a wedding at bali hi or whatever on sunday.

* oops sorry didn't know it was over! hah