• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

5.0 Conversion

shamus

I just installed a 5.0 in my 73 Bronco. Can anybody tell me where the best place to install the computer box where it will stay dry and out of the way?

rtj731

Shamus,
I had dreams of mounting it in the speaker grill area, but no... ended up Velcroing it on top of the heater, I also velcroed the fuel cutoff on the face of the heater box. seems to work OK,

Dave

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Shamus,
I had dreams of mounting it in the speaker grill area, but no... ended up Velcroing it on top of the heater, I also velcroed the fuel cutoff on the face of the heater box. seems to work OK,

:eek: :eek: :eek: Just a heads up! We made a bunch of neat little computer interface devices. Velcro seemed like the perfect choice to mount them to the equipment cabinets. Velcro generates a whole bunch of static electircity when you peal it off. We were smacking the electronics left and right. We went to tie wraps and those stick on tabs. I think that they make conductive velcro for static sensitive applications.

blwngsket

Loc.
Novato
I mounted mine under the dash just above and to the right of the throttle linkage. Made a bracket that holds it on it's side. It is held in place with screws from above in the engine compartment. Unfortunatley I don't have a pic of it and couldn't post it if I did... Sorry.