• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

5.0 HO EFI (mass air) setup on stock 302... ?

jerry

Contributor
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Hi gurus,

I know this topic has probably been beat to death. In fact, at one point, I remember reading the answer to this! So, I apologize in advance for the repetition.

Will the mass air EFI setup out of a 5.0 Mustang bolt onto a stock 302? I seem to remember something about the firing order that was different or some other discrepancy...

Thank you,

Jerry

OP
OP
jerry

jerry

Contributor
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
OK, got more information. (Having broadband is a good thing. )

I have learned that it's got to be a non-ho 302 for the SEFI conversion. The HO 5.0 motor has a different firing order - the same as a 351W.

One article I found - http://home.san.rr.com/slick/SEFI.html - hints that there may be some early 90's motors (91 -93 Thunderbird and Cougar) that weren't HO but had mass air. Can anybody confirm or deny this?

sicaz66

Bronco Guru
Loc.
san diego
that`s what i did when i did the swap was change the pins in the injector harness.some guy use a 351w cam. ;)