• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

5.0 wont give codes.......

js521

Picked up a code reader today to check the codes. New swap start up. Engine light on so there is some issues. Code reader not doing anything. Did the jumper wire to get codes...no flashes. Tried the reader on my buddies 5.0 and worked fine. What gives??? Have another ECU will try in the morning. Bronco Safari is not looking good.................:mad:

ScanmanSteven

Bronco Guru
What harness are you using? Have you tried starting it yet? Light comes on as soon as you turn on key and never goes out? Little more info can help track down your problem. You need to make Safari so get on it, lol.

OP
OP
J

js521

Running the Ford Motorsports Harness. Engine light comes on right after start up and stays on till engine off, key off. I have two ecu's will try the other one. May the force be with me lol.

OP
OP
J

js521

Well I just went out to the shop and switched ECU's. fired it up and ran it up to temp and no check light anymore. Have not tried code reader, but looks like ECU had issues. It seems to run ok with that ECU so I guess I can carry it in my trail box as a spare. Maybe send it out and get it fixed someday?

EFI Guy

Sponsor/Vendor
TheEFIguy@gmail
Loc.
BFE
It sounds to me like it probably has a burnt trace on the SIG RTN circuit. Crack it open and see if you can see any burnt spots following the trace at pin 46.