• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

$57,000 Bronco!

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA

kntr

Bronco Guru
BYUBRONC...have you ever seen Rocky Roads stuff up close?

Have you? Explain...

I bought a bronco from Rocky Roads that was on consignment and it was a POS. I went round and round with Shawn and he wouldnt help me out. I paid $9600 for a $4,000 bronco. Shawn was a total jerk. I would never buy anything from them again and I would never recommend them.

slider58

Loc.
OKC, OK
Even doing it yourself, it is so easy to rack up the dollars quickly in any kind of build. I throw away all my receipts partly because I don't want to know, and partly to keep them from the wife. Go to the hardware store and buy new grade 8 bolts for the rear spring hangers and see if it doesn't kill a 50 dollar bill and that is just petty stuff. Then buy a spool of wire for the welder, a bottle of gas, etc. Then how about the tools you buy because of the Bronco. Then the money you have to spend on the little woman because a new box showed up at the door from B.C. Broncos. Does that count? Then there is the beer.......

ZookBronc

Loc.
South Orange County
Have you? Explain...

I bought a bronco from Rocky Roads that was on consignment and it was a POS. I went round and round with Shawn and he wouldnt help me out. I paid $9600 for a $4,000 bronco. Shawn was a total jerk. I would never buy anything from them again and I would never recommend them.

Yeah, he actually lives right by me.

Kanter, i totally agree with you. "Good from far, far from good."
Its a paint job and maaaybe wheels and tires but thats its.

kntr

Bronco Guru
Yeah, he actually lives right by me.

Kanter, i totally agree with you. "Good from far, far from good."
Its a paint job and maaaybe wheels and tires but thats its.

Thats exactly what mine was.

I dont know how they can stay in business. Mine was a stock 73 bronco with nice paint over RUST and MUD. It had new wheels and tires and a new motor (I think, maybe just painted motor) but EVERYTHING else was stock. It had a broken leaf pack, radiator (honestly) 1/2 full of mud, front and rear diffs full of mud, tranny and TC never rebuilt, broken glass, original brakes.... I could go on and on. Then, when I asked him about it, he pretty much said tuff sh!t. I called him a few times and then he just ignored me.

I put about $8k into it and then sold it for about the same price.

Mono

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thats exactly what mine was.

I dont know how they can stay in business. Mine was a stock 73 bronco with nice paint over RUST and MUD. It had new wheels and tires and a new motor (I think, maybe just painted motor) but EVERYTHING else was stock. It had a broken leaf pack, radiator (honestly) 1/2 full of mud, front and rear diffs full of mud, tranny and TC never rebuilt, broken glass, original brakes.... I could go on and on. Then, when I asked him about it, he pretty much said tuff sh!t. I called him a few times and then he just ignored me.

I put about $8k into it and then sold it for about the same price.

Did he twist your arm to buy it? He must have had a price on it, and you paid it. Actually he sold it for someone else (consignment). Why not be mad at the owner for making you pay his asking price?
Rocky Roads does have very high prices....... someone is paying them. Welcome to the land of opportunity.

kntr

Bronco Guru
Did he twist your arm to buy it? He must have had a price on it, and you paid it. Actually he sold it for someone else (consignment). Why not be mad at the owner for making you pay his asking price?
Rocky Roads does have very high prices....... someone is paying them. Welcome to the land of opportunity.

Nope, no one twisted my arm. I took Shawns word that it was a good bronco. I only got pics and a parts list, which was a faulty list. I couldnt get mad at the guy he was selling it for. I didnt get to talk to him. I just wanted a sorry or a Ill help with parts and give you good prices. All I got was, tough shit.

Ive heard many horror stories since about RR.

Mono

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Nope, no one twisted my arm. I took Shawns word that it was a good bronco. I only got pics and a parts list, which was a faulty list. I couldnt get mad at the guy he was selling it for. I didnt get to talk to him. I just wanted a sorry or a Ill help with parts and give you good prices. All I got was, tough shit.

Ive heard many horror stories since about RR.

I feel for ya..... I've been burned several times on the sales lot. I'm guessing he didn't know enough about the Bronco he was selling for the private party. Before this great tool called the internet, you would have found a Bronco in the local paper, and drove to look @ it & talk face to face with the owner. Now we trust words over Email & photos taken thousands of miles away, only to be dissapointed when it reaches our door step. Tough shit is right, if you took the chance @ Shawns word.
Is there a link you could PM me on the full story from experience with buying the consignment bronco from Rocky Roads? I've never delt with them, nor can I afford to, but it seems like this is one of many threads you've brought up this situation involving your experience with them. Just need to hear the whole story, so when I see you bring it up again I can fully understand.

not raggin' on ya-

-can't wait to show you guys the bronco I just found! Pics soon!