• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

5th Annual Father's Day Run - Clayton OK

PaulC

Hi All. Got a lot of questions at the LEBC round up about the father’s day run. This is an informal non-sponsored run that a good group of Lonestar EB guys started up.

when – June 13 – 16, we arrive Thurs and chill, then wheel hard Fri and Sat all day on trails, and if there’s still trucks running maybe some Sun AM trails.

where – Clayton, Oklahoma. Most of us stay on Sardis Lake, at the Potato Hills Central campground.
http://www.reserveamerica.com/campi...ode=NRSO&parkId=73352&topTabIndex=CampingSpot
I have spot C65, SGremillion C66 so far. There’s flat decent length RV spots w/elec (not all sites have water, no sewer sites). There’s tent camping, too. There’s bathroom and showers right there. There’s bbq grills. There’s a cool swimming beach at Potato Hills South campground. There’s some non-chain motels in Clayton. There’s gas and groceries in Clayton. There’s some nearby cabin rentals too (Little Slice of Heaven??).

We wheel Green Acres usually, and last year checked out Freilings one day (which still should be open, though the land owner passed away). These trails are 6 and 12 miles away from campground, most of us drive Broncos to trail heads (pls have a registered truck with lights), and some tow. There’s fee boxes at both off road parks, $20 or $25. There are lots of trails, similar terrain as Hot Springs (foothills, rocks, and lotsa trees).

who – anyone that wants! usually it’s a group of 10+ 35-38” locked F&R EBs, running med and hard trails. if you are coming in below that level it would be helpful to have several similar built trucks like yours to keep trail groups more formed up with buddy systems. check with me on who else is coming if you are concerned for those matchups.

post up any questions. and as date gets closer pls put the bug in my ear that you are planning on coming so we know to look for ya.

Thx! -Paul
Austin, Tx.

broncotime

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grapevine, Texas
This is an awesome event. Great trails AND a really nice campground on the lake. I missed this trip last year, but have been to all the others and can't wait. Just need to do some bronco mods to get ready:)

For those of you with capable rigs, this is a great time to experience Clayton with a great group of bronco folks.

Nightstick

Bronco guy
Had a great time at this "event" last year. My rig definitely won't be ready by then though. :(

OP
OP
PaulC

PaulC

30 days out! Looks to be a capable group shaping up. Spread the word.

OKLA70

Loc.
Skiatook, Ok
I sure would like to make out, but I just had back surgery (3 fused) so I'm out. Maybe next year unless a miracle happen

OP
OP
PaulC

PaulC

Great, hope you guys come on out! Clayton has to pretty much be in y'alls backyards. :) Will distribute some contact info and a itinerary here in this thread closer to the date. Shout with any questions any time. -Paul.

OP
OP
PaulC

PaulC

Ok, this run is next week already!!

So far - 12 Broncos RVSP'd.
me
ChadG
SteveG
GeoffB
PaulM
DanielH
CodyH
MikeB
BrentB
DamonH
GlennS
KyleM

Anyone else planning on coming out,....or still on the fence? This is some great wheeling. And the campfire nights are definitely a hoot.

stlo

Bronco Guru
Loc.
tulsa
still on the fence....depends on if we have makeup games on sat.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Things are shaping up that I may be able to make this run. ;D

Not 100% yet but working on it!