• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

609 Again!

ctowery

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Wellington Nevada
Here we go again.. I have searched and have seen most of the 609 buildup threads but not specifically for my situation so I am asking...

I want a stock width 609 and from what I can see fitting EB wedges is not really possible due to the 1 ton ends and I am not positive their is any reason to use them anyways. Has anyone used Cage brackets with a 3 or 4 link? Is there enough room between the center section and the Axel end for the 1.5" bracket? Will there be enough room for the EB bottom coil base to fit correctly..not lean in?

I plan on using my Coby arms without the U section, just mount up the tie rod's to the Cage bracket holes...do you foresee any problem doing this? If the Cage brackets don't work their are many similar brackets out their to choice from.

I do not want a full width frt and run Hummer wheels, I want to keep what I have.

Any and all sugestions are welcome!

Thanks, Cary

GubNi

Loc.
Northeast TN
The 60's C and knuckle will be longer. I can measure one if you want. That means your coils would lean in at the bottom. You could probably just widen it out and inch or two and it would still look like stock width.

OP
OP
C

ctowery

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Wellington Nevada
Yes I know...The 1 ton king pin knuckles are 12.5" from the wheel mount to where the
inner knuckle welds to the tube. stock dana 44 or 30 would be closer to 8.5-9" from the wms to the weld. I do not-can't widen it , or I will eat the fenders with the tires, I stuff the 37" half way to the rim.

Cary