• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

66' 170 with seized Spark Plugs

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Going over the 66' the other evening a little closer and noticed a little flashing around the plug wires, as they've got some age on them. So purchased plugs, wires, points, etc to change out. Well I'm on day 4 now of soaking with PB Blaster and not one of those plugs will budge. Ideas? And yes I'm wrenching counter clockwise.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Run the engine until its hot and put a cheater bar on your breaker bar. Be careful their taper seat plugs when they break loose don't go flying into anything you don't want blood on. Make sure you use a heavy wall 6 point socket if you can. I once had a head where the plug was run loose. the plug got welded by the threads. When it came out we had to helicoil the threads in the head.