• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

66 Bronco 200ci headers

Bennett747

Does anyone know of a header that fits an early model Bronco w/ 200ci 6 cyl, that doesn't require you to replace the original starter with a mini?

fordfan

Bronco Guru
Clifford Performance is an old company that makes 6 cylinder performance upgrades and has a custom made header for the 170, 200, 250 inlines for the early Bronco. The header is a great fit (it doesn't require a different starter or other mods) and very well made, but it isn't cheap. They are the only header manufacturer for the 6 in a Bronco that I know of.

Bajabrewer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3043499084...d=link&campid=5335857059&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

I got one of these about a year ago & bolted it on the 250 block I'm putting in my 66 to make sure it fit. I didn't have the starter bolted on(probably should have) so I don't know for sure if a stock starter will work. I only took this 1 pic before I pulled it & put it on the shelf for later when I can do the engine swap. I've got a mini starter on my 351 in another Bronco & may do this on the 250 anyway so it's not an issue for me. I realize this doesn't answer your question but thought I would share anyway - at about $120 you could get one & try it - If it doesn't fit you modify it or return it. 20211204_145246.jpg

fordfan

Bronco Guru
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3043499084...d=link&campid=5335857059&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

I got one of these about a year ago & bolted it on the 250 block I'm putting in my 66 to make sure it fit. I didn't have the starter bolted on(probably should have) so I don't know for sure if a stock starter will work. I only took this 1 pic before I pulled it & put it on the shelf for later when I can do the engine swap. I've got a mini starter on my 351 in another Bronco & may do this on the 250 anyway so it's not an issue for me. I realize this doesn't answer your question but thought I would share anyway - at about $120 you could get one & try it - If it doesn't fit you modify it or return it. View attachment 876479
I tried a header that looked much like that but the rear cylinder collectors dumped on the frame or half on the frame. I thought I could modify it for clearance but it didn't work out. Yours may be a different one. I think the one I tried was a stainless one made for a Mustang.

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
on flee-bay "Speed Dady" last summer looked like pic4 - shorties w/a convenient ball flange (able to angel out the 1st pipes). Matt @ vintage inlines sells a similar - a place that caters to the 6 ThriftPower ford i6 motors (C below link). I like the ;long tube' for tq ina bronk but headman stopped production. I think aussi-speed in Oz may have made long tube too, and still may.
nice set, fantastic price. Matt wrks full time elsewhere so will take some time in sourcing. (Owner/builder) patients isa virtue.