• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

66 Bronco 302 5 spd 8 Stack EFI Done Need to Data Plate location

cool66bronco

Loc.
Hatfield PA
20160924_083515.jpg

20160924_083413.jpg

20160924_083453.jpg

20160922_161716_001_resized.jpg

20160924_083548.jpg

20160924_083629.jpg Hello Men and Ladies,
The 66 Bronco is finally finished (whatever that means) and I want to put the original data plate back on the car. With over a 500 pictures never took the shot of the plate location. Can someone post a picture of your 66 data plate and its location. I did photo the rails and have that but not the data plate.
Thank you in advance.
Jerry:)

Last edited:

66broncoCT

Contributor
Loc.
Torrington, CT
Early 66 would have been down on the driver side kick panel and later would've been on the glove box door like the rest of them. I don't know when it switched sorry.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Switched to the glove box in 68'. I've seen them riveted both vertically and horizontally, just to the left of the emergency brake pedal arm.

OP
OP
C

cool66bronco

Loc.
Hatfield PA
added some pictures of the 66. it a dream to drive and of course gets many thumbs up.
no one around our part of the country with one like it. i will need a dental plan though as it is anything but smooth. but it is fun!

B RON CO

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Statesville, NC
Hi, my 66 metal tag was hanging on by a thread. It is amazing it was still there. Now it is in a safe place with the registration papers in my desk. No one has ever asked to see it. Good luck

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
That is a really nice rig! Well done. So many nice details.

How are you controlling the 8 stack?

OP
OP
C

cool66bronco

Loc.
Hatfield PA
Sportsman Fast EFI. i originally bought the unit with the turn key computer setup but could not get any support from speed master or pro comp to tune it in, so after three months and 1500.00 i bought eh sportsman fast efi and installed it and the tuner knocked it out of the park in one day. it runs great not fuel efficient though but i did not build it to be economical. Just for everyones knowledge the new unit installed by me and retuned cost me about another 4000.00. that hurt but happy now with it. It does need a few minutes of running to get water temperature up and when it does come up it runs smoth and responsive.
Jerry

OP
OP
C

cool66bronco

Loc.
Hatfield PA
Was your question are each stack controlled separately the answer is no. You mechanically tune each stack for equal response but I believe they all get same fuel spray. MAP sensor and Throttle position sensors get it right is how i see it works. does that help. you are close i could show it to you if you wanted.
Jerry

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
Holy crap I did not notice you live in the same area! Now I may need to see it up close!

I am running megasquirt and really happy with it. I have an IR manifold for a big block Chevy I want to set up next. Maybe in spring when I get back around to that I may ask to see it in person - meet you at a car show. Thanks!