• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

'66 Bronco Hold Down Brackets

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Does anyone here have the original lug wrench and jack crank rod hold down brackets still spot welded behind their driver's seat? If you have a bulkhead, these will be the same location and on bed side of the bulkhead. Any possibility of the either bracket being loose so that I could borrow them for duplication? Thanks!

Attachments

• get-attachment.aspx.jpg
    get-attachment.aspx.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 108
  • get-attachment-1.aspx.jpg
    get-attachment-1.aspx.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 99
  • get-attachment-2.aspx.jpg
    get-attachment-2.aspx.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 93

Broncitis

MEB Founder
My dad's 66 U13 has them behind the bulkhead, no, you can not borrow them. He'd not be too happy with me if I took a cut off wheel to the original welds ;)

OP
OP
eaglenest66

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Only luck Chris is that I made a couple of the double hoop pieces! The actual hold down pieces (u-shaped) usually never takes a hit over the years and survives. The clips only took about 15 minutes to make. What do you think?

Attachments

• get-attachment-4.aspx.jpg
    get-attachment-4.aspx.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 60
  • get-attachment-5.aspx.jpg
    get-attachment-5.aspx.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 51
  • get-attachment-6.aspx.jpg
    get-attachment-6.aspx.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 52
OP
OP
eaglenest66

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks guys! I can do that. Will make some more and contact when they are done. Finding the time is my biggest problem but now that winter has set in, seems to make it easier for me. tim

skinner

Contributor
put me in the pot for one as well please sir.. looks great... must be nice to be blessed with skills... thanks jason

Juntura

Those look great!
My '66 half cab has them behind the bulkhead. They are not in the best shape and still attached but I plan on removing the bulkhead for a family set up. Let me know if you still need a stock set.

Tyler

OP
OP
eaglenest66

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Those look great!
My '66 half cab has them behind the bulkhead. They are not in the best shape and still attached but I plan on removing the bulkhead for a family set up. Let me know if you still need a stock set.

Tyler

Hey Tyler, if I can get the slotted u-shaped one, that would be awesome! Would like to tackle that as well. Please pm me and I will send my addy and a few dollars for shipping. Thanks, tim

OP
OP
eaglenest66

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Guess I did twisted 66! I will try and make a batch next weekend. This weekend was devoted to prepping the JD tractors for snow and finally cleaning out the basement after 15 years of accumulation today with the family!! Fun fun!!

House

Minutia Militia
Any idea of what month in '67 they moved the handles to under the hood?