• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

66 Budds - restore or restomod?

77Bronco636

Just remember...it’s YOUR truck!!! And if your making it for you to enjoy then build it how you want.....if your plans are to sell it for profit in the future then the advise in this thread should be very useful to you in making decisions. It’s easy for some to say “just buy another one” to modify....but that may not be an option or in a person budget.....So take a step back and look at what you have VS what you want and go from there......if you want a modern driving type Bronco then an early 66 may be more work then starting off with a 76 or 77 that has more modern features and may be easier to build how you would like yours to be. Either way, enjoy your Bronco!!

And the Budd/Ford interior question you have.....all 66 Bronco’s have Ford interiors and is a 66 only style interior.....Budd only built the bodies early on for Ford.....

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
U15 equals full hard top (as opposed to u13 - roadster, U14 - half cab)

OP
OP
S

SlyCooper

U15 equals full hard top (as opposed to u13 - roadster, U14 - half cab)

Makes sense. How can i figure out what options it had off the line and things like that? is there a database somewhere?

gnpenning

Bronco Slave
Loc.
I have more questions than answers.
Makes sense. How can i figure out what options it had off the line and things like that? is there a database somewhere?

Sadly for the 66 it's not available. Other years it's available.

You have a bunch of feed back on your original question already, but my 66 will not be modified. The same can't be said for any of the others I own.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK

If you've got a pic of the warranty plate, a couple of pics of the inside and out we can get pretty close to what was original and what wasn't.

elan

Loc.
s
Dang that sucks, the Beetles were number 1 on the Billboard top 100. if only it was September, Rolling Stones...

Thanks for the quick reply Okie! What else can be deciphered?

It's Beatles, and, we are still waiting for pictures. So far it's hyperbole.:p

OP
OP
S

SlyCooper

Can’t figure out how to post pictures from my cell. When I get home I’ll post up what I have thus far. She’s white in white with a new hood that’s still primer black.

Back to replacement body panels. Does anyone have experience with panels from multiple sources that can speak to fitment and quality? Looks like they’re all about the same but from different venders. I’m happy to weld or do panel adhesive for the floors.

elan

Loc.
s
Become a member for 12 bucks a year then you can post all the pix you want. The intel you receive is worth many times that amount. There are some smart cookies on here that can guide you. Panel adhesive is heaven. The darn stuff is so strong that the steel will tear in many cases before the adhesive gives way. Beats the heck out of stitch welding and no panel warping. Prep is everything.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Can’t figure out how to post pictures from my cell. When I get home I’ll post up what I have thus far. She’s white in white with a new hood that’s still primer black.

Back to replacement body panels. Does anyone have experience with panels from multiple sources that can speak to fitment and quality? Looks like they’re all about the same but from different venders. I’m happy to weld or do panel adhesive for the floors.

What elan said is correct, here's an old thread.

https://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246661

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

got to be a contributor or other ways in this

https://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34373

k7grc

Loc.
Banks, OR
Hey all I'm looking into buying a 66 "budds bronco" but wanted to get everyone's opinion.
Third, to make this a daily driver, less than 10 min commute.

I may be partial, but I'd sell the 66 and get one closer to what you want.
Or if it is just for a 10 mile commute, and a couple short trips here and there, keep it stock.

I enjoy driving mine, and having a 66 Budd Body in my book is special.

Happy Trails

Attachments

• bronco-trailer.jpg
    bronco-trailer.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 43

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Hey all I'm looking into buying a 66 "budds bronco" but wanted to get everyone's opinion.
Third, to make this a daily driver, less than 10 min commute.

I may be partial, but I'd sell the 66 and get one closer to what you want.
Or if it is just for a 10 mile commute, and a couple short trips here and there, keep it stock.

I enjoy driving mine, and having a 66 Budd Body in my book is special.

Happy Trails

Very cool looks like the advertisement bronco and pop up.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
XLqq15ORlmLhe44TmQ5g9GeiuLpyZeD-oh4JW-KL2XaHA1ory4WtYJEjZYGkCvEE7y9-6CpgDTEGo792CHSHcWYo9H829qsokjWKOBA2zkNYQ-qtKwCNuUlwZVgTKsMy83VhJUFFpGlniVsttFY3KLrgESMnT8lCAkd_vYvb80AMp0n_PFrEV8gbTRAmkuk2zt3Z_KIWwT-XAyo9Mpu9UPcZVSWAZgKDEMZfltp7eiuSVfoUuz6ei1tnVAVJtse9SD6OnH4qdHiijGscbK80A18Won82BTNDtNkNHDN8VhsFTlDbELoAUARfaQ3qJemlNSTEMrQayWKo7g6pot57rhjEIMJFovwxXwDk_YR4ZCruTMLLUgkdoU_xoma1ABIxRuUofIbg5NaAznJ7i8sysad2bq9IJulbwQeba9fl-jv7TcCKMH7eKrpHJ3Wtj7kdui0HF8EqgVTwxV4F1I2RygNdZbktxiP9YmgpaNCdIiBfs2gC-8BFRWeb3rmHTxQDNKQny5t-JWqNyaZH6ehoyMGSprdDm-2KIeANcbwwF3adaM4-fZTGJKVoE-MMzzDqBav9jYwsfL-QIzaNqBzdF8dj6kg16_nErE96AM0dJQtKPu6Iv4OegGi4ulJuwmGVhPqYicnaPQOpJE_bhVCDa72mCbte4MB0Lmdn8_wOWFKvfkZtQb4E2eFK9HPanw20KOsrDwwyNRp7xlxO3tdVCACwQb1hMjb6drdCDhi5uBGYSrsiW1ztBg=w400-h866-no

Copy image address and use the photo insert icon on the edit tool bar.

So it's not an unmolested stock Bronco. Rears cut, not stock wheels and tires, and poss 66 front bumper missing. The plot thickens!!!

But body looks pretty straight and looks like minimal rust. Some rust on the quarter panel seam, rockers and windshield frame lower corner. All typical rust areas.