• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

66 dso?

Scott C.

Loc.
Waynetown IN
Might not of had rear view mirror from the factory, as most did not. Also, remember that sun visors were not standard. They were an option.

OP
OP
farzadmip

farzadmip

With the visors I don't think the one like on my other 66 would fit between the mounts.

Attachments

• 20150718_190930.jpg
    20150718_190930.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 31
OP
OP
farzadmip

farzadmip

Don't know why that didn't work.

Attachments

• 898.jpeg
    898.jpeg
    117.6 KB · Views: 38

Scott C.

Loc.
Waynetown IN
Yes, 54=Omaha. That is normal. The other is odd?? the 198 is:
1=bench seat
98=long roof (full top)
N=Frost or Light Torquoise

Beer and Fish

Bronco Guru
The sun visors have an odd shape too. Let me know if you decide to part it out. I'd be interested in the air cleaner and transfer case shifter.

B&F

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Do you see anything that would have been special order?

Probably customer wanted a certain color and maybe some specific options like heater and radio. It seems to have all the options an early '66 could get back then. It was loaded.

OP
OP
farzadmip

farzadmip

What I have been able to make of the buck tag markings is:
OPCAR= bulkhead delete
BSDP= bucket seat driver and passenger
RS= rear seat
LGROOF= long roof (full hard top)
NIR= not sure, but some times it is MIR think it has some thing do with mirror? Roadsters usually have MIR and U15's usually have NIR. from my limited experience.
HTR= heater
U15= Wagon
092= 92" wheel base
J= Rangoon Red
WSW= windshield washer
773640=sequence number for 11/65 build month

After closer inspection the buck tag does say MIR not NIR any thoughts?

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
WSW from what I understood is for white side wall tires. Not 100% sure but I know tires could be ordered either way - black or white.

Scott C.

Loc.
Waynetown IN
Tim, MIR is on my tag and no passenger mirror. Your white one is the same also. I have seen some that say MIRK. Not sure about the K?
I used to think WSW was tires, but, now think windshield washer as all the buck tag info appears to be body related.

OP
OP
farzadmip

farzadmip

Tim, MIR is on my tag and no passenger mirror. Your white one is the same also. I have seen some that say MIRK. Not sure about the K?
I used to think WSW was tires, but, now think windshield washer as all the buck tag info appears to be body related.

Yup no passenger mirror here either.

T-Bird

Loc.
East TN
I bought my 66 U14 from the 2nd owner who bough it in 68. It has buckets in it but I don't think they are 66 models. I asked him about it and he said the buckets were in it when he got it. the vin shows 197. So does this mean it did come with a bench?