• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

66 U14 value question

EB70

Contributor
Hello,

I would search for the answer, but the search engine here seems to be lacking or something?

So I have this 66 that I have had for about 6 months. I bought it and have been rather wishy washy about getting rid of it. If you want to see it, it is in my for sale ad. Not perfect, but not rotten and could likely be made into a budget(?) driver if you wanted to do the work and be resourceful. Think patina and you get the drift.

Here is the question:

Is the fact that it is a U14 vs. a regular model really ad much to the value?

There is no top and no bulkhead. It didn't come with them.

I am most likely, if I don't get a compelling trade offer, going to build a crawler out of it. I'm not one to destroy a truck, but it will get used.

Thank you for your thoughts.

OP
OP
E

EB70

Contributor
I actually like 6 cylinders so it was a good thing when I found it. This search engine is weird. I am a member of a fair amount of forums, and this is close to my favorite. However, the search here just about does not work. Don't know why!

JAFO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Beaverdam
Value seems to be a moving target and really it all depends on what someone else is willing to spend. A U14 might mean more to someone and not so much to someone else. If someone is looking for a U14 to restore and yours is a complete truck, it might be worth more to them as something for a good starting point. If the truck is not so original and rough, then maybe not worth as much to some. For me, I like stock Broncos. But that is just me and I am more into preserving it as it was original. Seems lots of Bronco owners want them modified. I see so many that aren't really Broncos anymore, but the shell of a Bronco.
I guess all I am saying is it only matters much if a buyer is in the market for only a U14 really. And then it comes down to condition and how hacked up it is. I just spent years and $$ restoring a Bronco and know what it takes regarding time and money. I wouldn't want to put too much into the purchase price for a real rough truck I was planning to bring back to stock.
I think the only way a seller gets high dollar for a rough truck is they find a buyer that lets emotion play into their decision and this buyer is ignorant of what they are getting themselves into.

OP
OP
E

EB70

Contributor
I am more looking to trade it off for a crawler or Bronco crawler project. The more I think about it, and look at my parts I think I should just keep it. I'm not into the resto thing etc. but I do know what an eyebrow grill is and so forth. I don't think it has that.

The main thing is that it is fairly close to being a budget driver if there is such a thing. I don't drive my own Bronco much at all as it is so I don't need another one.

I was just curious. And as far as restorations go, I have done a few. I agree, get the best car / truck you can to begin with. A lot of work and money goes into this hobby for sure....

Thank you for the reply.

Rob

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Rob, keep that, build it, wheel it and have a good time with it.

Good luck brother

mpboxer

Contributor
Loc.
Queen Creek, AZ
Hello,

I would search for the answer, but the search engine here seems to be lacking or something?

I find entering "classicbroncos" and whatever you want to search on THIS site in Google works far better than trying to use the search function here.

Good luck with the trade/sale!

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I find on here putting subject in quotation marks works ok but have noticed here lately sometimes that don't work .