• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

'66 Wiring Diagram Scan

t120r

Hey guys, does anyone have a good quality scan of the 1966 wiring diagrams? I need Fig. 22.3 - Ignition, Starting, charging and gauges. The bottom of the page has code: K 1857-A. The only ones I could find online are fairly blurry. I am redrawing them in color with autocad for perfect clarity and easy modifications. Any help would be appreciated.

70_Steve

Old Guy
Hey guys, does anyone have a good quality scan of the 1966 wiring diagrams? I need Fig. 22.3 - Ignition, Starting, charging and gauges. The bottom of the page has code: K 1857-A. The only ones I could find online are fairly blurry. I am redrawing them in color with autocad for perfect clarity and easy modifications. Any help would be appreciated.

Try here: http://seabiscuit68.tripod.com/

OP
OP
T

t120r

Those are great diagrams, just they are pretty different from my '66. The diagram I mentioned in my first post is a perfect match for my truck, except for 1 wire color.

70_Steve

Old Guy
Those are great diagrams, just they are pretty different from my '66.
Hmmm... Even the two 66-67 diagrams are different?

Edit: Haha!!! First time I noticed that these two are for a 67, and has a little note that "1966 should be similar"

Hope you'll share when yours are done!

OP
OP
T

t120r

If I can get that 1 picture, I will finish the drawing. There's not much left to do with it. I'll have the full set of '66 diagrams redrawn on Autocad. I'll import it into a MSWord document and anyone can print it then.

dreg

Loc.
Winston-Salem
I need help with the wiring on my 66 too. When you have the diagram completed I would sure appreciate you sharing it.

Airmapper

Foolproofness Tester
Loc.
Bowling Green, KY
Eventually, we might have all of them redrawn! ;) ViperWolf helped me straighten out the '73-77 diagrams last year:

I'm kind of waiting to see what t120r is going to come up with before I work on my own, but I'd be willing to help re-draw some more stuff if I can get some good references to go by. Having this in CAD will be a great tool, makes changes easier and layering data will make isolating circuits and then showing a custom tailored diagram a breeze, and keep a ton of info in one file.

I figure if t120r has set up a drawing it can be expanded upon for other years and such, no need to re-invent the wheel if he doesn't mind us using his work as a template. :)

xcntrk

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NOVA
Only ones I've ever seen are the 67 with the *66 may be similar...

OP
OP
T

t120r

I am willing to share what I have with anyone who wants it. I've learned a ton from this site, so maybe I can pay back a little. The beauty of CAD is that it can be inserted into a Word file so anyone can look at it.

Just need that Fig. 22.3 - Ignition, Starting, charging and gauges. The bottom of the page has code: K 1857-A.

This is the last one for the '66s and I have them all complete. Please if anyone can help out, please scan it and fire it over. It will be made beautiful, promise:)

Quick & Dirty

I have it, from the preliminary shop manual. A jpg scan didn't come out so well, but a PDF is good. Not sure where to host it, so PM me your email and I'll send it.