• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

'67 U14 value

Kdub

Loc.
Colorfull
Hey guys, looking for some feedback from the pros. Have had my eye on this truck for years. Owner finally gave in and we are in talks. What do you think is a good starting point? Some pics...

Attachments

• 002_(2).jpg
    002_(2).jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 142
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 129
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 151
  • 005_(3).jpg
    005_(3).jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 131
  • 006_(2).jpg
    006_(2).jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 138
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 134
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 128
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 120
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 124
  • 011_(3).jpg
    011_(3).jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 122
  • 013_(2).jpg
    013_(2).jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 123
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 116

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Only thing it's got going for it IMO......looks like a much usable hard top, doors and a much sought after 66' tailgate in good shape. I'd have a hard time paying more than $1000 for it.

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You pros are silly. 1000 and 1500? Where are you finding Broncos for that much? :)

Assuming clear title in his name, no frame or terminal body rust(doesn't look like much), and legitimate buildable rig, I'd say try and get in under 5000 if you want a good deal. If you are trying to flip it then thats another story, but if you are truly looking for it for a build or project, I'd just get on your local craigslist and see what comps are going for and start there. The 'pros' in different parts of the country will offer different amounts too - thinking it's as clean or as rusty as the ones down the street from them.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
All depends on location.. anywhere from 500 - $4k...

EB70

Contributor
I think I have seen 1-2 Bronco's under 3k in Oregon in the last year. Both were comparable but more dented. Both were just under 3k.

Pay what you're comfortable with. It's hard to look at something missing parts and nowhere near running and pay alot, but if you want it......

I have no idea what your local market brings. It does seem that there are some distinct regional differences in values.

Bart

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Buffalo Gap, Texas
I recently purchased a wagon in approximately the same condition in the Frisco area of Cal. Paid $2K for it. Lots of rust but lots of repair panels came with it. It is amazing what a general clean out and clean up will do for it's looks. Looks like yours has less rust (a plus). It also has an engine and trans (another plus) mine didn't. I'd say that 6677ebman has it about right in the $3 to $4K range. The $500-1500 range is a dreamers range and not very "current".
In a week, son and I have "his" stripped down. I'd say that it'll run about $4-5K to put it back in shape. His idea will be a beautiful Mall crawler with a "high curb" edition.;D As he and I will be doing almost all the work, the cost of restoration is lower than most that "have" it done. Keep that in mine. Our rig's P.O. "stripped" it down to a shell to restore and found out that it was more than he wanted to deal with. He was asking $2500 OBO I offered $2K and he jumped on it. He may have taken less, but we'll never know. Son AND grand daughter are super excited about it and that makes it worth even more. Pictures of "dirty" little eight year old are priceless

brianstrange

Bronco Guru
That looks like a solid project, especially if it's in the Northeast. If running and driving strong, $5500 , if not $2500 (3500 max.) That's about the best you can find as far as a project in New England.

Bart

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Buffalo Gap, Texas
What they should sell it for is very different from what it will sell for in this day and age. :(

Very true, but that's what's called "supply and demand". I don't believe the new Broncos (if they ever come out) will effect the value of our beloved 66-77 rigs. The three year run of the Thunderbird didn't hurt the 55-57s. I spoke with a Bronco supplier the other day, and he said that he's keeping units that he would have/and did trash just a few years ago.

OP
OP
Kdub

Kdub

Loc.
Colorfull
Alright guys, thanks for the input. Rig is not running, t-case and trans are in the bed with other misc parts. Rust is minimal, frame looks good and think it will clean up descent. Some one has added what looks to be '79 2wheel dr power steering. Also the oil dipstick is up front? Will keep prodding around on this.

Thanks again.
KW

Last edited:

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
That looks like a solid project, especially if it's in the Northeast. If running and driving strong, $5500 , if not $2500 (3500 max.) That's about the best you can find as far as a project in New England.

Not running since the drivetrain is pulled out of it and sitting in the bed...

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Took me three years to sell a project Bronco in better shape than that for $5,000.

Yeah I remember that rig. Wood dash, home wiring. A wagon originally? This is an early v8 halfcab.

Of course on this forum you have guys wanting to build a crawler or a luber out of this and u14/stats/etc doesn't matter,but from a restorers prospective, that's a red 67 v8 halfcab and that adds value.

OP
OP
Kdub

Kdub

Loc.
Colorfull
^^Alright..some more solid advice from the "pros". Come on Justin, if this was in your hood $1,000 tops? You're peddling parts at 1000%. This is a great platform to start with..negotiations in the works. KW

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Cut in the back, missing a fender, drivetrain pulled out, definitely some rust issue, obviously not run or started in years. This isn't a couple weekends, basic tune up, and few parts to get running Bronco. It's a massive project to start from scratch. Worth more in parts to me than as a complete Bronco. Parting it out would probably get you $3,000.

Why was the drivetrain pulled out to begin with? Is the D20 adapter still on the T-case? It's not on the transmission. Are the shift rods for the three on the tree still there? Why is the exhaust pulled Lot's of questions about what's intact and what's missing.

As Andrew pointed out, to those who are interested in a fairly original V8 U14, yes, this will be worth more due to the VIN. Depends on what the buyer is looking for.

I personally would pay $1,000. Others may pay more. Depends on how badly you want it and what the selection of available Broncos are like in your geographic area.