• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

67 V8 Roadster

77Bronco636

Looking awesome!! Wasn't the hood an option on the early trucks?;)
Almost looks like your running a bronco restoration shop at your place!;D
All kidding aside, I'm glad you have her back together and can't wait to see her all done!
You taking her to the cruise or just the show on Sat?

OP
OP
rmiller747

rmiller747

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Highland, Mi
Looking awesome!! Wasn't the hood an option on the early trucks?;)
Almost looks like your running a bronco restoration shop at your place!;D
All kidding aside, I'm glad you have her back together and can't wait to see her all done!
You taking her to the cruise or just the show on Sat?

Hood was an option on the V8 roadsters... So you can see and feel the power of the 289 V8 ;D;D:p:p something you V6 roadster guys no nothing about;D

For the cruise ...bringing the Luber and then the roadster to Broncorama as long as everything still is in order. She we be missing a couple pieces...roadster stripes, couple little things.

Later

OP
OP
rmiller747

rmiller747

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Highland, Mi
We made Broncorama and it was great. Got sun burnt but other than that perfect

Have to have the painter fix a couple things, install the rocker stripes and a few other bits and adjustments but she's pretty much done.

Thanks for all the compliments at Broncorama, much appreciated. We did this Bronco in a years time. Many hours and a lot of hard work. Gotta thank my bud Tom Carper for all his help and delivery assistance. Couldn't have completed it without him. I've learned alot on this bronco and am ready for the next one (Stroppe)....

For now I'm cruising... Daughter and I put 150 miles on her today and we both loved every minute of it. If you don't know me I do like to keep my broncos nice but I drive the shit out of them. That's what it's about for me and my family. Cruising. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367805306.394006.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367805318.942986.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367805335.431138.jpg

Pics below... This will be my last pic post on this thread. Thanks and happy cruising. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367805348.810894.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367805366.303282.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367805380.516230.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367805407.415565.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367805421.827272.jpg

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Beautiful roadster Rich, you sure did it proud.:cool::cool: I've been following your build from day one. Great job man!!:cool:

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
Wow, couldn't have turned out any better! Great job on this truck. Best picture is the one with your daughter sitting in the passenger seat grinning ear to ear. How cool! Congrats!!

motoman

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
I like this photo. It shows the "mirror" finish the paint has, and another cool bronco in the back ground!
jyjyzeqa.jpg

Blue
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Great picture and gorgeous Bronco!!! What a cherry! :cool:

Got a question for you. Are all the Bronco windshield hinges spot welded to the windshield frame and body? How do you attach the windshield frame after all that gorgeous paint?

Loved the video too!!!

Last edited:

TheBroncoRanch

Bronco Guru
Great picture and gorgeous Bronco!!! What a cherry! :cool:

Got a question for you. Are all the Bronco windshield hinges spot welded to the windshield frame and body? How do you attach the windshield frame after all that gorgeous paint?

Loved the video too!!!

Motoman, 66-68 windshield frames were bolted on, 69-77 were welded on. Wish they left them bolted ;D

77Bronco636

That's two months in a row for Mr. Miller!!! Great job!!!:) It's nice to see how far along that truck came!!!

OP
OP
rmiller747

rmiller747

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Highland, Mi
Well just thought I would post up an update on this. I sold this babe thinking I was done with roadsters for a bit. Then my friend Terry Marvel txt me a couple weeks ago stating that my roadster (old one obviously) won the Stroppe trophy at Fab Fords. I was excited as my hard work was appreciated but quick after I started feeling sad and started thinking of all the memories with it. My daughter then started heckling me as she loves the roadsters.

I posted up looking for a 66 bronco as I always wanted a first year Bronco as this is where it all began and I began searching for an original 66. Wanted something that didn't need to be restored and the family could just enjoy (throw chairs, coolers, dogs, beers in it) and enjoy. Well a nice solid 66 original paint roadie came my way and I immediately wanted it. That being said another roadster is coming to Michigan to enjoy my garage. Perfect for the family as I'm just going to remove the roll bar, run a vintage soft top on it when needed, ,install a correct 66 front bumper and enjoy it.

Pics of the new owner of my old Poppy roadie below and a couple pics of our new family member.

vujy3amu.jpg
ahumy3er.jpg
e8asery5.jpg

New roadie

2anybysy.jpg
jejupa4a.jpg
yjy7ahyb.jpg

Last edited:

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Very cool that the red one is still being enjoyed. Love the new one too. It's pretty much exactly what I want in a U13.