• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

TX 68 Bronco value?

Status
Not open for further replies.

richparsonsx

I think it is pretty hard to assess the value of the truck without knowing if he can get it to turn over. I have talked to the owner several times and he still plans to go out and get the engine running using the information he found in the "starting your engine after a long time thread". I do not think it has sold but rather that he just wasn't going to take 3500 for it so said there was a buyer at 6.

Now, assuming the engine runs (huge assumption) and the transmission works and the transfer case gets in and out of gear, this is a 6k truck because of the body and frame and the fact that it is a 289 (he said initially 302 but the 1968 didn't come with a 302 and he believes the engine to be factory) and it has 63k original miles.

In any event, I think it would just be cool to go cruising this guy's barn, sounds like he has some really cool stuff.

OP
OP
T

trippin

Loc.
Forney, TX
I agree completely. I couldn't pay $6000, so I threw out a number I was comfortable with considering the extent of the unknowns. $3500 was a starting point, but I don't think he was willing to budge. Hopefully he didnt feel disrespected.

Jedhead

Interesting find, looks like grandpa has a whole garage full of unusual items. good luck with the purchase.

OP
OP
T

trippin

Loc.
Forney, TX
richparsons asked for a pic of the engine

Attachments

• DSC07807.JPG
    DSC07807.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:

richparsonsx

well folks, I spoke to the owner today and after soaking the cylinders and such with marvel for a few days he was able to start the engine up. He bypassed the fuel lines and used an electric pump but said it turned over and ran fairly well. He said it probably need a carb adjustment and a little tune up but seemed to think it was running well.

With that in mind, I made the man an offer and he accepted! I guess you can say I caught the Bronco Fever pretty hard, but I am happy to be joining the club. I will post pictures and questions as I go with the build up.

mr incredible

Bronco Guru
it is worth 3500.00 with no wheels , on blocks. blow the lines out with air/cleaner combo .. get the tank dooshed out at the local radiator shop. with that low of mileage, the engine probly is in fantastic shape,. especially if it was owned by an older gent, who lightly drove it . 200.00 to 500.00 to get er running .

richparsonsx

Thanks Mr. Incredible. I am hoping that you are right. I know it will need some radiator work and likely a little suspension work, new wheels and shoes, but other than that it looks to be in good running order! Probably will get the drum overhaul kits for all 4 wheels just to be on the safe side.

orangecrush4u

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Shelter Island, NY
I'd start at $3,500 myself, sounds reasonable, see what they say.

Cost to get it running, $200 maybe

Sounds about right;D I got my GFs running just for the price of two gallons of gas granted I had some old parts kicking around but it ran after 10 or so years of sitting in a basment garage.%)

jsl204

hell i know were one is straight as an arrow with a warn 5000 winch 73 very little rust i can have for 4 with an extra motor. top in good shape never been used but to hunt i graduated college sat had the fever been wanting to do a full restore im thinking its a steal at this price like its worth something like 65 but havent said that

Status
Not open for further replies.