• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

68 custom in NM: Build Thread *** Lot's O' Photos***

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
Your rig is one of my inspirations man!! Keep up the good work. I hope you will be driving the hell out of it soon!!!;D

OP
OP
GraficO

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
Well... I've been locked down with some deadlines so the bronco is playing second fiddle right at the moment. The last time I got in there and tried to have a conversation he was a bit manic on some other issues. So in other words it's still not in my garage. I did however get a few moments to finish wiring up the exterior, drilled portals for my solenoid access (it lives under the battery tray), polish & install aluminum conduit across the manifold for the stealthy engine wiring, put in the coil bracket mount and plumbed the washer bottle. Got the upper seatbelt anchored & the new aircleaner installed as well.

I'm working on real work stuff this week but I believe I will attempt the move again next week. He made mention of getting the plumbing done and the engine wiring set while I'm dealing with a very tedious new website build.

nmtt92

Wow - just finished reading the entire thread (took about a week with a few minutes each night).

Very inspiring build -- I just pulled the body off the frame on a 69 I dragged home last week. I know I have a looooong way to go, but hope to 'borrow' a few of the awsome mods you've done.

Thanks so much for sharing, and good luck with the final stages.

OP
OP
GraficO

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
ok... small update. I finally had it with the mechanic. After some prodding from both my wife and Devin... I marched over to the shop packed up all of my parts and scheduled a tilt-bed for Monday morning. Wrench-party-a-comin boys. Newell, Dev, Craig... pick a weekend and let's do this thing ;)

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
I have a four-day weekend next weekend. Let's do it! Maybe we can get Casey (needabronco) to come down, too.

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've got the weekend before Thanksgiving free and was thinking about coming to town to hit the pick and pull, keep me in the loop. What all still needs to be done?

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
Even if everybody can't make it this weekend, I will come down for a day. I have from Thursday to Sunday off.

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
hehehehehe. ;D

I am pretty sure that you will drive yours before I drive it. Now, the question is, will you drive yours before I drive mine? ;D

Well, I think that you are going to finish yours before mine. But, I did win the "drive mine before you drive yours" race. ;D

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
Adam, what's the status? I can come down Friday but need to plan with my wife. Please let me know. I want to see this thing finished too.:cool:

Check your PMs. I spoke with Adam on the phone this evening and told him that Saturday or Sunday would work better for me, but I might be able to make Friday work if you are going to head down that day.

OP
OP
GraficO

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
I'm not sure how this happened... but I was trying to save my 1000th post for the truck's home coming... how'd I log on and have 1001?!? Regardless. I am bring it home thursday (tomorrow) about noon and have arranged to be working on it through Sunday.

Looks like I'll have Devin either Fri or Sat and have Casey Friday and part of Sat. Small possibility Newell's prior engagement will be over and possibly available on Sunday.

Anyhoo... this is getting exciting! :)

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
Just talked it over with the wife. I will be down on Friday morning. Just PM me directions. I will bring down the timing light and a torque wrench (what are you torquing down, Adam?).

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Can I help? Sounds like a fun time. Get er done