• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

68 custom in NM: Build Thread *** Lot's O' Photos***

Thunder26

How did you make all of those cool renderings? Can i get an idea of what software?

Entourage

Loc.
Phoenix, Arizona
This is one of my favorite builds on the board. I have it bookmarked and check it often - mostly because you have so much ambition and always updating. Love the audio system in this - seems like it always an afterthought but you made it a center piece. Very nice work and best of luck getting it completed.

OP
OP
GraficO

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
I got a bunch done Friday. Mechanic says he's on it this week... we'll see.

I appreciate the comments... I'm just itchin to drive this sucker.... with the stereo FRIGGIN LOUD!!!!

The radiator got fully attached and most of the engine components are in... just plumbing and wiring left up there.

I have to trim the fan spacer again and make some edits to the fan shroud... but it's really close to getting out of my mechanic's shop so I can actually work on it at MY leisure instead of his... which actually means I'll do something on it every day ;)

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
keep us posted. can't wait to see her all finished and shiny! Oh and you in the drivers seat with a grin a mile wide!!

anmpharm

Great build thread... I just went through the whole thing, can't wait to see the progress.

OP
OP
GraficO

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
had to upload some pics... it's been too long ;) Been sitting so damn long I need to get the dust off of her so I can see what I'm working on ;)

Since I got ousted from being able to work on her over the holiday... I cleaned up the "Baby's Room" (garage)... for her homecoming... soon ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0003wr.jpg
    IMG_0003wr.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_0016wr.jpg
    IMG_0016wr.jpg
    269.5 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_0015wr.jpg
    IMG_0015wr.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_0011wr.jpg
    IMG_0011wr.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_0010wr.jpg
    IMG_0010wr.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_0004wr.jpg
    IMG_0004wr.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 172
OP
OP
GraficO

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
a few more pics... got some time on the truck this week. Wiring harness is almost finished, time to clean out the hoses for the AC and such to get that system running, air cleaner debacle is solved I think :) I need to fab a bracket to mount the coil... let's see what I get done today ;) Plug wires... seat belts... lot of little things to do.%)

Attachments

• IMG_0386wr.jpg
    IMG_0386wr.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0385wr.jpg
    IMG_0385wr.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0384wr.jpg
    IMG_0384wr.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_0383wr.jpg
    IMG_0383wr.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0382wr.jpg
    IMG_0382wr.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0376wr.jpg
    IMG_0376wr.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0375wr.jpg
    IMG_0375wr.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0374wr.jpg
    IMG_0374wr.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0390.jpg
    IMG_0390.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0389wr.jpg
    IMG_0389wr.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0388wr.jpg
    IMG_0388wr.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0387wr.jpg
    IMG_0387wr.jpg
    289.9 KB · Views: 103

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Wow!!! Engine hurts my eyes! That chrome air cleaner is awesome!

OP
OP
GraficO

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
Chrome stock aircleaner...too bad it's too deep for the valve covers and too tall to fit under the hood...

Hence a change of plans...

OP
OP
GraficO

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
Totally rebuilt the rear taillight buckets... very sano! :)

Attachments

• IMG_0398wr.jpg
    IMG_0398wr.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0399wr.jpg
    IMG_0399wr.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0400wr.jpg
    IMG_0400wr.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 100
OP
OP
GraficO

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
Best I can say is SOON!!! I finally said "screw it" and just started to get all of the things done outside the engine while I tap my foot impatiently for Lee to get his act in order. I was waiting to do the electrical while he did plumbing... Now I'm just tackling anything and everything hoping he gets the drift that I'm done waiting for him!!!

OP
OP
GraficO

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
Lee is a "firefighter" and a person who dwells on the bad... and in turn... he brings more bad to his table at almost every turn. When a fire pops up he fights it and anything else he has been working on before he had to stop and fight the fire goes to the back of the list... I am on the last page, in the closet, under a stack of crap on his list of "to-dos".

The short version... Nick... You're right. :(

OP
OP
GraficO

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
Needa... if more action doesn't happen this week from Lee, I may take you up on your offer.

Here is a list of items that need to be done:
- blow out, clean and anchor all A/C & heater hoses.
- Build a bracket to hold the coil & mount it.
- Hook up all the engine related electrical.
- Install Air cleaner (billet oval arrives this week to replace the chromed stocker)
- Hook up the headlights/harness/park lights
- mount the wire harness to the back... hook up the taillights, license light and install 3rd brake light
- anchor the free end of the emergency brake cable housing... too spongy :(
- Complete the install of the accelerator cable/pedal assembly
- Clean up and spot paint the hood latch area on the grille
- Attach the hoses for the radiator and overflow
- Plumb the washer bottle/lines/electrical
- Wire the reverse light switch and brake light switch on the shifter and brake distribution block.... respectively
- Wire the main and reserve senders, pumps and switch to the stock dash switch
- prime the engine
- drill roll bar upper to mount the shoulder belts & mount the retractors below.
- install the fuse box & glove box... and mount the wire harness under the dash
- wire up the interior map lights and aux lights for the rear to the "cargo" switch on the dash
- hook up the wiper wiring (wires already run)
- measure the rear interior qtr panels, get the stainless cut and bent so the the top can be locked down solid.
- Remove stock tire carrier, weld in holes on rear corner and fill the latch holes on the tailgate... repaint... also fix where the damn forklift dented the tailgate
- Install "Nick's Gas assist spare tire carrier" :)
- Replace old crummy chrome bumpers with brand new chrome ones
- Install polished Bronco nerf bars
- Install Glass, seals and trim on windows and doors
- Fix remote control drivers side rear view mirror
- Install brains for power windows and locks
- Take over to alignment shop for alignment, mufflers and exhaust system
- Install center console, stereo, components, speakers
- Wire up the aux lights (headlight rings, rock lights, fogs)
- Install courtesy light switches & wire them up

AND

DRIVE THE HELL OUT OF IT :)

Did I miss anything? I know that there will be gremlins to track down and kill... but this is the list that comes to mind.

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
That's a couple of solid weeks worth of work. I can do everything except the paint work up here. I don't currently have a compressor, or a place to do the quality paint work you need (booth). I also know a very high quality exhuast shop here in town. I know a guy who can do the AC stuff also. Let me know. We can do a partial trade for some logo design work.