• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

68 half cab retro build

OP
OP
ratbilt

ratbilt

Will we see you at the Round up next weekend?
I was really honored to receive 2nd place in the wild class. My wife and I had a lot of fun at the Wild Horses show, talked to a bunch of great people. It was funny most guys were on their knees (I should of provided knee pads). I was impressed on the knowledge of a lot of people on where I modified. A bunch guys said the more you look the more you see (most everybody missed the deleted front blinkers, the rear 4" wheel stretch & dropped floor) I quest that's not to common . The hit was the 2 side cameras & the overhead screens. Justin Kydd 1 of the judges I talked to was real cool (like a shot in the arm to want to build more broncos) Hunter was real cool to talk to (he owns 22 broncos) Rob we were next to real cool, the gentleman & his daughter on the other side real nice. So many badass broncos there I could go on for ever.
The last pic is no 1&2 wild class winners (no 1 was out of Oregon also real cool to talk to) They displayed their bronco in Sema last year & are going to do it again this year. Rich

Attachments

• IMG_2535.JPG
    IMG_2535.JPG
    221 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2537.JPG
    IMG_2537.JPG
    247.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2534.JPG
    IMG_2534.JPG
    219.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2533.JPG
    IMG_2533.JPG
    239.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2524.JPG
    IMG_2524.JPG
    184.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2525.JPG
    IMG_2525.JPG
    152.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2526.JPG
    IMG_2526.JPG
    159.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2540.JPG
    IMG_2540.JPG
    251.8 KB · Views: 32

71 CA Bronco

Very nice to me you and your wife Rich. I was shocked to see I never took a picture of your Bronco. I think I got one motor shot. Glad you have a few to share.
I ran the heck out of my Bronco coming home in one shot and back over Pine Mountain. Ran like a champ. AC blowing for the first half heat and heat warmers over the mountain. I'm really impressed with the Explorer swap. Its not a hot rod but very turn key. Regards Rob...

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Will we see you at the Round up next weekend?
Pleasure talking with you Rich. As I said, It looks better in person, all the little touches you have done. Hard to see all of that in pictures sometimes...
I chatted with your Wife, sounds like there might be another build for her coming?
Congrats on the award.
Doug

OP
OP
ratbilt

ratbilt

Thanks Doug and Rob it was great talking with you guys
While driving home 3rd gear starting slipping while pulling a hill, checked it on the computer with my son the next day to confirm.
Pulled the trans and tore it apart. Check everything. air checked the pistons (all ok) air checked from pump (partly assembled a lot of air leaking from the shaft) and finally found 2 teflon seals cut in 1/2 at the pump shaft (the builder cut them for easy install) Going to replace the converter from a low stall 1200 rpm to 2200 rpm to get rid of my stalling issues when putting into gear. I'll post pics later. Rich