• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

69 Bronco fuel pump w/ vacuum wipers

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Can anyone tell me if the old style fuel pumps with the vacuum on top are still available for the 302? I see JBG has them for the six cylinder but nothing for the V8. I have checked most of the other vendors that sponsor this site and none of them mention them. I have checked with all the local auto parts stores and none of them can get them either.

OP
OP
Stutsmo

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks! I just checked and it looks to me like they only sell the vacuum for the 6 cyl. I clicked all the links posted on page 59 and the options for the 8cyl did not say "vacuum pump".

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stutsmo

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Does any one know if the old ones are rebuildable?

dnash

Loc.
The home of Ford
I bought one at either advanced or autozone a couple of years ago. Murrays said they had them but wanted ~$100 vs the ~$30 I paid. I think they may have mispriced it. I would guess one of the vendors have one. You might want to call.

IowaMike

Bronco Guru
I got 1 for my '68 at NAPA. They actually had it in the Omaha warehouse and had it to me in CB the same day. Not cheap tho, around $90 before taxes.

OP
OP
Stutsmo

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks... I am going to check back at napa tomorrow maybe i will have better luck. Seems like I always have problems when I try to get something ordered while they have the weekend crew there. If not I am Going to start calling around the vendors. I plan on driving it to broncorama if i can get the fuel pump and clutch fixed in time.

OP
OP
Stutsmo

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I found one at napa.... I had to try 3 different times but eventually i got someone behind the counter that new where to look! It cost less than $60 which is about twice the price of a regular pump, but half the price i expected to pay.

Pedestrian

Bronco Missionary
How about a posting a part number so I can avoid the blank stares from the kids behind the counter. %)

OP
OP
Stutsmo

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I will do that as soon as i get it. He said it should be here on wednesday or thursday.

OP
OP
Stutsmo

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
How about a posting a part number so I can avoid the blank stares from the kids behind the counter. %)

I got my new fuel pump today. For those interested the part# is BSH N68405 which is the Actual Bosh number that is what napa uses. I payed $47.00 total.

Btw..... it is installed and I am looking forward to my first ride of the season tomorrow!

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
You guys need to use the search feature, I posted that part number last year... Glad you figured it out though. You'll be amazed how much better everything will work...