• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

69 Bronco Winshield frame

kevin69bronco

hey all I just came into a new toy... A 69 bronco.. imagine that... the previous owner knew very little about this truck (long story) ...
Anyway the truck has had some mods done to it like the actual doors welded in than kinda scalloped and molded in ...different for sure...
Y biggest question is my windshield... In my opinion it leans WAYYYY to far back..How does one get the correct lean dimensions? like say from the top of the hood or fender to where the "actual" frame should be?
I can submit some pics of it to help ex;plain what I mean if needed

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Kevin, welcome! Nice score too. Lots of '69's around here, so you should have good company with any general questions.
Interesting question for sure. I've never measured the degree of tilt, but we usually can use the hard door window frames as our point of reference. Just how "modified" are your doors? Got pics? We like to see pics of the new guy's rides anyway ;) so it's a good excuse to ask.

There is no actual official adjustment method, other than shimming behind and under the frame itself. Look at the area under the two halves of the hinge (viewed from the side) and see if there is a rubber seal in there. If the PO removed it, the frame would naturally fall farther back.
Here's the part I'm talking about: http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product/Lower_Windshield_Frame_Seal
If yours is missing, I would start there. Hopefully nobody removed and "re-arranged" the body panels in it's previous life. If so, you might be into it deeper than you'd like. But then, that's how a LOT of members here have started out their Bronco-lives.

Good luck. I'm sure others will have some input as well.

Paul