• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

'69 Transmission Clicking when engaged...

Broncobowsher

Total hack
No, there is an interlock in the transmission where you can't put both shift levers into gear at the same time. If both went into gear at the same time it would just jam the transmission solid.

OP
OP
S

switchblade2k

No, there is an interlock in the transmission where you can't put both shift levers into gear at the same time. If both went into gear at the same time it would just jam the transmission solid.

ya I understand that but didn't know if that was handled in the shifter or in the transmission itself, thanks... i have the whole transmission/transfer case out of the truck as of tonight...thing is really heavy!

OP
OP
S

switchblade2k

I got all three parts separated, adapter is in great shape and the bearing is smooth as butter! Transfer case is the heavy beast, may rebuild it also still deciding. Transmission has given me a small handful of needle bearings and half a bearing retainer. Will be pulling it apart tonight expecting the counter shaft to be the problem just by the size of the needle bearings and the retainer piece.

OP
OP
S

switchblade2k

So I'm working on getting this back together and I'm uncertain as to how I got the Input shaft and bearing past the reverse gear end of the cluster gear?!?

I thought I just took the input shaft out past it. I don't remember struggling to get it out(but my memory isn't what it use to be). Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

so I'm trying to get the input shaft back in my '69 RAT 3.03 3 speed transmission any know of a trick or helpful advice?

Last edited: