• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

72 Stroppe - 2 year surgery

Hank_

Bronco Guru
Is it back from paint yet Rich? I wish you had a thread about your sweet garage.;D You do some great work on your bronco's.

Henry

OP
OP
rmiller747

rmiller747

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Highland, Mi
Is it back from paint yet Rich? I wish you had a thread about your sweet garage.;D You do some great work on your bronco's.

Henry

No not yet. One thing about my painter. Does great quality work but speed is definitely not one of his qualities. Have to remember they don't make a lot of cash on these type of jobs. Rake it in on the insurance jobs. I'm good with that. She will be on the road by next spring.

Meanwhile winch came but I need to fab or buy a mounting plate. I assumed it would have came with one. What a dumbass I am I guess.

Half cab in the background still in progress. Put 6 hours in this weekend. Still not ready for paint. This one is going to a buddy in flint for paint, paints GM aftermarket trucks (road commission , etc). Paint and bake in his oven and trailer it home that evening. Not a show job like the roadster or the Stroppe but a good quality driver ( allot cheaper too).

This one is going to be a solid driver. Wife will load it up with groceries, kids stuff in the back, etc. this is the wife's rig. She probably talk on her cell phone, txt and hit 2 mailboxes, 4 curbs and back into 5 shopping carts the first week.:D it will all be my fault as it doesn't have side or reverse sensing alarms.

Later.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 168

andyp

Contributor
No not yet. One thing about my painter. Does great quality work but speed is definitely not one of his qualities. Have to remember they don't make a lot of cash on these type of jobs. Rake it in on the insurance jobs. I'm good with that. She will be on the road by next spring.
week.:D it will all be my fault as it doesn't have side or reverse sensing alarms.

Later.

I think all painters are born with the same gene. Sounds like mine...;)

House

Minutia Militia
Sounds like my painter... And my wife! ;D

Super jealous of that mat! And the Baja.
I am still hoping to have one of my own some day!

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Good score on the CIBIE lights - you got early versions with the IODE letters. Cool Winch, but PM me if you want an original Warn and plate front bumper off a Baja....

OP
OP
rmiller747

rmiller747

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Highland, Mi
Good score on the CIBIE lights - you got early versions with the IODE letters. Cool Winch, but PM me if you want an original Warn and plate front bumper off a Baja....

Sorry to confuse. That winch is for my glass trail rig.

Pm sent for the other. Thanks

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Lookin great Rich,

Where did you round up the floor mat(s)? I was stressing about what to use on my Baja's floors the whole build, and I miraculously found an NOS one right before I took it to paint. Whew...talk about being extatic:). Keep up the great work.

Andy
Blue71

OP
OP
rmiller747

rmiller747

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Highland, Mi
Lookin great Rich,

Where did you round up the floor mat(s)? I was stressing about what to use on my Baja's floors the whole build, and I miraculously found an NOS one right before I took it to paint. Whew...talk about being extatic:). Keep up the great work.

Andy
Blue71
scored the mat in the classic broncos classified. Good shopping place....

It's near mint. Very happy with it

Mcfuels

Stroppe hitch

Love the build. I have a 73 stroppe kit and I took the original hitch off. Looking to buy another. You build those yourself or purchased somewhere? I remember seeing someone on here selling a few a couple of months ago.

OP
OP
rmiller747

rmiller747

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Highland, Mi
Love the build. I have a 73 stroppe kit and I took the original hitch off. Looking to buy another. You build those yourself or purchased somewhere? I remember seeing someone on here selling a few a couple of months ago.

Hitches done myself from an original . Fit and look the same

OP
OP
rmiller747

rmiller747

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Highland, Mi
Body finally started in Paint. Chassis work started a bit ago. Kinda boring for pics but thought I would post up some progress.
Rear axles rebuilt. Rear brakes rebuilt. Leaf springs removed, new bushings installed. Putting it back together this week then on to the front axle. Painted chassis up to break point at body mount..

y2uzetyr.jpg
garymuva.jpg
7y6ene6y.jpg
guveqahy.jpg
eru6e3en.jpg
azuva4a2.jpg
esezuze3.jpg
u6yqe9yb.jpg
e2a6y3ys.jpg
6eqyva5y.jpg
y8u7unum.jpg

77Bronco636

Spring will be here before you know it, and Rich will have another bad ass truck on the road!!:)

OP
OP
rmiller747

rmiller747

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Highland, Mi
Chassis almost done

Just a little update.

Chassis almost done. just a couple small items to get to this week and then on standby awaiting the body.

Some pics below. Boring chassis pics i know. Hope to has some body shots soon.

Its nice starting to put this thing back together. My garage is starting to look better. i have 2 broncos completely torn down.....parts everywhere. AMEN progress.

Cmon Carper. Get ready for cruising this Spring/Summer.;D

Attachments

• IMG_00260.jpg
    IMG_00260.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_00261.jpg
    IMG_00261.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_00262.jpg
    IMG_00262.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_00268.jpg