• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

74 Ranger 302 AT PS...THIS HAS BEEN SOLD THANKS

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
BajaFresh75

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
I will send pictures to all interested parties tomorrow, do not have time today.
Thanks

ransil

Bronco Guru
76 302 with $3500.00 rebuild, AT, PS, DB, 33's, new wiring, full cage, flowmasters, tube bumpers, body solid, but banged up from trail rides, OD Green paint.

Woul you mind sending pics my way? jonathoncalhoun@yahoo.com

Let me translate this one for you base on past Bronco purchase from BajaFresh75 (Chris).

New wiring - Added a few new lengths of the same color wire to jump out some old crappy stuff and probably attached with scotch locks.

Full cage - May not be a Bronco specific cage or made safely.

Flow Masters - this just indicated they are under the Bronco, mounting and routing them in a good safe manner is a different question that is not answered here.

Tube bumpers - could be made from sewer pipe.

Body solid - Could be solid metal, solid rust, solid piece of metal covering a rust hole or solidly filled with what ever he had laying around to fill the holes.

godsotherson

Let me translate this one for you base on past Bronco purchase from BajaFresh75 (Chris).

New wiring - Added a few new lengths of the same color wire to jump out some old crappy stuff and probably attached with scotch locks.

Flow Masters - this just indicated they are under the Bronco, mounting and routing them in a good safe manner is a different question that is not answered here.

Body solid - Could be solid metal, solid rust, solid piece of metal covering a rust hole or solidly filled with what ever he had laying around to fill the holes.

So, if what you said is/was true, then you are the BIGGEST idiot ever b/c
you still bought said goods. Judging you based on above post, I'm sure that
you inspected said bronco before purchase and found the deal too good to pass up. I have bought a few Broncos and parts from BajaFresh75 and they have always been exactly as described!!!!

LET ME TRANSLATE: the bronco will be a 76 with a nice rebuilt motor, an automatic trans, power steering, disk brakes, 33 inch tires,.....you get the picture??? It will be worth ever bit of selling price, but not a $15k ebay show rig. Does everyone but you know what a 3k bronco looks like?

Please send me some pics of this one too.....

calhoun555

Loc.
Sedalia, MO

This may or may not be true, but I would still like to see pics and be the judge of it myself! I'm not looking for another bronco to build into a show truck. I want something I can put into a tree or two, run through the mud on the week end and just have fun with it. I'm not trying to get in the middle of an argument, but its not cool to pee in another man's pool either, and that kinda how I felt you did this guy trying to sell his broncos on here! I have read allot of peoples messages on here and they all seem to be happy with his business. I don't know the details of your experience, but I know I would want it brought to my attention if I sold something to someone and they weren't happy, and along those same lines, you cant make everybody happy or you would just be giving your stuff away! I thought your comment was very uncalled for. The Early Bronco community is a loyal, trusting, polite group of people and I personally expect more from them than a bunch of bashing each other! If you ain't got anything good to say, don't say anything at all, at least that's how I was raised!

Hogback

I'm backing up ransil's statements on this, i've had some bad dealings with this guy involving some lies on goods sold. Buyer just beware, check out the goods thoroughly.
He sells a lot of broncos and I know he's just trying to make a dollar on the side. Just treat it like any other used care salesman and you'll be ok.

Hogback

In addition, not everyone is going to have a bad experience and I understand why some of you are standing up for him. It's just that he is starting to develop a reputation around here and that says it all.

godsotherson

I'm backing up ransil's statements on this, i've had some bad dealings with this guy involving some lies on goods sold. Buyer just beware, check out the goods thoroughly.
He sells a lot of broncos and I know he's just trying to make a dollar on the side. Just treat it like any other used care salesman and you'll be ok.

PLEASE Explain your opinion, were the goods as described and just not up to your standards? Did he send Pinto parts instead? Thanks for the help.

Hogback

PLEASE Explain your opinion, were the goods as described and just not up to your standards? Did he send Pinto parts instead? Thanks for the help.

I'll just give my personal experience and nothing i've heard from anyone else.

The first bronco i looked at he had badly misrepresented. It was trashed out and rough as hell, but he said it was in pretty good shape in the ad and on the phone. So he said he had another one i may like, that i ended up buying. He told me that his dad had driven it for years and that it ran really good, the old gas just needed to be cleaned out becasue it had been sitting a while. We got it started on site, but had to keep feeding it gas, typical of something that had been sittting with old gas. The oil looked good. Got it home ,cleaned out the tank and started it and ran it - it had a blown head gasket, and the heads were shot (guides/seals/warped heads). Water mixed in with the oil real quick, meaning it had been cleaned out to be disguised. Come to find out, his dad had never owned it, he bought it at a good deal somewhere, patched a few bad spots, and just re-sold it like he normally does.
When i tell someone something about a vehicle, I tell the truth. I don't lie to people.
If he would've said, "i'm not real sure about the motor, but it seems to run well", I wouldn't be here today saying these things. He assured me he knew this truck well and that it would run very good. I had a bad feeling about the motor but he kept saying he knew it was good. To fabricate a whole story like that is just wierd.
Of course he wouldn't return any of my phone calls afterwards either. Not exactly a stand-up guy. I know that's just a part of buying a vehicle, but you've gotta be willing to take a few punches if you do that to people so i'm throwing the punches right now.
ransil and myself are just trying to make people aware, you should be thankful and be careful when dealing with him. There are a lot of stand-up people on this board who I would place a lot of trust in but he's not one of them.

OP
OP
BajaFresh75

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
This may or may not be true, but I would still like to see pics and be the judge of it myself! I'm not looking for another bronco to build into a show truck. I want something I can put into a tree or two, run through the mud on the week end and just have fun with it. I'm not trying to get in the middle of an argument, but its not cool to pee in another man's pool either, and that kinda how I felt you did this guy trying to sell his broncos on here! I have read allot of peoples messages on here and they all seem to be happy with his business. I don't know the details of your experience, but I know I would want it brought to my attention if I sold something to someone and they weren't happy, and along those same lines, you cant make everybody happy or you would just be giving your stuff away! I thought your comment was very uncalled for. The Early Bronco community is a loyal, trusting, polite group of people and I personally expect more from them than a bunch of bashing each other! If you ain't got anything good to say, don't say anything at all, at least that's how I was raised!

Thanks for the post. I'll gladly post pictures of the Bronco, Before I bought it, also at Tellico with my 2 sons during the Round up in 06, and the pics I sent as well as the description to ransil. I have PM'd him about his comments. I don't like getting in arguments on a public forum, it is counter productive. As for EB's I love them like the rest of you all. Most of what I buy is sight unseen online, and 99% of the time it is not as nice as described or as nice as I hoped. I think the majority of you know what I'm talking about. That's just the way it is. I have a 100 of similar stories. But I don't flame the person who sold it to me, what good is that going to do. I know this ahead of time and take my chances, sometime I lose money on a Bronco sale, that is life. My goal is not to deceive anyone.
If you think a $2000-$3000 dollar Bronco is going to be a $12000-$13000 Bronco, you need to get real. If you are not sure when buying a Bronco online, go look at it in person, or just pass on it.
The funny thing is ransil came down and looked and drove the Bronco in person, haggeled my friend who was showing it to him down to $3500.00 (I was out of town), bought it, ran it at Tellico, and this is the first of anything I have from him. I didn't know you could get buyers remorse 9 monthe later!

OP
OP
BajaFresh75

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
delayed remorse

Thanks for the post. I'll gladly post pictures of the Bronco, Before I bought it, also at Tellico with my 2 sons during the Round up in 06, and the pics I sent as well as the description to ransil. I have PM'd him about his comments. I don't like getting in arguments on a public forum, it is counter productive. As for EB's I love them like the rest of you all. Most of what I buy is sight unseen online, and 99% of the time it is not as nice as described or as nice as I hoped. I think the majority of you know what I'm talking about. That's just the way it is. I have a 100 of similar stories. But I don't flame the person who sold it to me, what good is that going to do. I know this ahead of time and take my chances, sometime I lose money on a Bronco sale, that is life. My goal is not to deceive anyone.
If you think a $2000-$3000 dollar Bronco is going to be a $12000-$13000 Bronco, you need to get real. If you are not sure when buying a Bronco online, go look at it in person, or just pass on it.
The funny thing is ransil came down and looked and drove the Bronco in person, haggeled my friend who was showing it to him down to $3500.00 (I was out of town), bought it, ran it at Tellico, and this is the first of anything I have from him. I didn't know you could get buyers remorse 9 monthe later!

Mono

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Makes me sick seeing these bashing threads- that have now made it to the classifieds.
Had to do a quick search to see if there was one out there on me!:p -nope have not PO'd anyone yet.

There are so many research tools and physical hand tools out there to make a good buy on a Bronco these days……. Yet I’ve still bought some junk- everything from a “rust free” bronco- only to lift the carpet @ home, to a “driver” with no compression on the #1cyl of a 6cyl. Not to mention all the parts that I’ve bought that were not as described. Every one of these sales could have been avoided with a little more research- But I get all crazy and stupid in the sight of a Bronco for sale, I seem to skip all of the obvious things to check (compression, Fluids, lifting the carpet)- I just got to get it home…. And home is where you (I) seem to find everything wrong with that 40 year old truck that you just had to have…. That 40 year old truck that has changed hands many times…… that 40 year old truck that the owner might not know too well himself….. it’s a 40 year old “as-is” truck that you checked over yourself-..... nobody twisted my arm to buy it.
the only time I've done business with BajaFresh75 was through Email on a Bronco that I was selling- He, along with everyone else wanted me to knock off the cost it would take to drive up and pick up the Bronco ($600-1000 depending on which state they were coming from).;D Make sure you ask him for the you pickup discount before buying! ;) That’s tooooooo funny-

Keep up the good work BajaFresh75 on finding the unwanted bronco's out there and redistributing them to the Bronco enthusiast world!
You can't please everyone- don't try....

I am looking for a '73 Red Ranger- keep me in mind during your hunts!

ransil

Bronco Guru

I was not buying a 2-3K bronco and thinking it was a 12K Bronco I was buying a 4K Bronco as you described it. I drove 642 miles 1 way for this Bronco ( 1284 RT)

When I showed up, Bronco was sitting in the parking lot, looked it over and immediately saw a few thing that needed discussed, went to start it and it was out of gas, his buddy retrieved a gas can and put a few gallons in, why was it out of gas? tank leaked found that out latter it had a crude patch on it. Got it running carb was pissing gas all over the place, I was going to walk away and his buddy suggested we call Chris and discuses cutting the price, guess I'm bad haggler or as the other guy suggested an idiot..

ransil

Bronco Guru
Here is the original e-mail.
"Here are the only pictures from Tellico a few weeks ago. I can get you more in a day or two. These aren't very good, but the best I have right now.
302 with alum intake new 2 bbl, headers/flowmasters
rebuilt AT, PS
Front/rear Detroits.
Beadlocks and 36" TSL's (Dryrotted some)
full cage, bikini
NO rust on door posts, hood, tailgate no door sag
very solid Bronco
Clear title, orig Ranger model
can include hardtop from another Bronco
Heavy duty tube bumpers, ugly but HD!"

Here is me asking questions:
How is the frame, floors, kick panels and inner fenders?
> Power brakes?
> Is the front & rear a bronco D44 & 9" ?
> Are the axle shafts stock or aftermarket?
> how many splines?
> Real bead locks?
> Cage is it homemade or purchased from a vendor?
> what is the made of ( pipe, dom, hrew ) made of?
> What lift is on it?

Here are the answers.
"I'll answer in order. I did not build the rig, so I can't guarantee the internal parts. Bought from a friend of a friend whose family had it for about 10 years.
Frame great, floors good little stress in crease, kicks solid-no rust, inner fenders, I have to look but think there is no rust there either. Bronco has a carpet kit glued in.
No power brakes
D44, 9"
28F, 31R
Front stock, rear are Yukon's but can't guarantee
Yes real beadlocks
Cage is not store bought, maybe DOM, not sure
Superlift, at least 3.5" bushings were all replaced, drop pitman arm, trac bar bracket
Rancho 9000's 1st generation adjustable.
Headers with Flowmasters.
New AT radiator."

Here are pictures from the bronco:
big red spot is from the rebuilt tranny, this spot is 3 days old, I cleaned up the previous spot Saturday it pretty much changes its own fluid every 2 months.
Little spot is from the rebuilt PS.
Here are pictures of the C Bushings that were replaced, I threw away the shackle bushing which were still original Ford.

Some floor pictures, guess I have no idea what a "crease" is. That black squiggly line is some kind of adhesive that was used on what ever is covering the old floor.

Attachments

• DSC00655.JPG
    DSC00655.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC00672.JPG
    DSC00672.JPG
    184.8 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC00673.JPG
    DSC00673.JPG
    170.1 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC00664.JPG
    DSC00664.JPG
    185.2 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC00663.JPG
    DSC00663.JPG
    178.6 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC00661.JPG
    DSC00661.JPG
    176.6 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC00660.JPG
    DSC00660.JPG
    164.3 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC00695.JPG
    DSC00695.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 11

ransil

Bronco Guru
I found a bad u-joint and when I repaired it here is what I found:

Spindles bearings whats left of them, both sides
Bad locking hub
Spindle nut broken
wrong adjuster installed
Inner axle shaft work, had JB weld on it where is was "repaired" ( no pic)
The rebuilt carb, leaks about 3 gallon per hour, its sitting in the garage untouched, any one want to buy a "rebuilt carb"

Attachments

• DSC00696.JPG
    DSC00696.JPG
    157.7 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC00697.JPG
    DSC00697.JPG
    164.8 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC00701.JPG
    DSC00701.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC00702.JPG
    DSC00702.JPG
    151.4 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC00703.JPG
    DSC00703.JPG
    140.6 KB · Views: 15
OP
OP
BajaFresh75

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
Ransil, I'm sorry you made an offer in person and bought the Bronco. WHY did you buy it? All the things you first brought up and bashed are visual. Why did you make your offer and buy it??? By the way, you can have the last word on this thread, I don't know what else to say. Happy 4th!

OP
OP
BajaFresh75

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
ransil, why dont you come up here and you and I can flame the guy I bought it from. He built it not me, I bought it to take to tellico and then resell because my trail rig was in the shop. The rebuilt engine/trans is what I WAS TOLD. Same with Detroits. That stuff is internal. WHAT do you want???

Status
Not open for further replies.