• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

75 Ford F250 4x4... Does it have anything I can use?

broncodude_73

no give it to me

Look around at it should have a 3/4 ton D44 probably a D60 rear an NP205 t-case maybe a C-6 or some type of granny 4-speed.

If anything you could swap over the nuckles and use the brakes, and the knuckles on a 3/4 ton D44 mount the tie rod up higher so thats good. Or u could do full width axles.

Or you could part out the truck and make some money off of it.

Bronco73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
The 75 will have a low pinion front D44 axle and I think it may even be drum brake, closed knuckle set up. The rear should be a D60. If thats what the front axle is then it isn't worth a whole lot. The rear axle would need to have 4.1 or better gears for it to bring any money. Most off road guys seem to be using the 14bolt rear axle because parts are cheaper for them.

It will be a C6 and don't junk it. The FE C6 is getting harder to find. All of the mounting brackets for the divorced case have some value. You can still find the divorced case but every one cuts the mounting brackets so they become hard to find.

I have seen the divorced case sell for as much as $300 but you have to wait and find the right guy that needs it. I don't think it's something that would sell very fast, not if top dollar is what you're after.

Are you sure it's a 390? From what I have read most trucks came with a 360 and one can not tell the difference unless the stroke is measured. FE parts have some value but I am not sure how fast anything from an FE engine sell. The brackets on the motor might be worth the most?

if the truck has AC and cruise and some sort of other options then you stand a good chance of making a couple bucks. With cruise the column would be worth a few bucks and so on. The full size trucks/broncos are catching on now. I think they are catching on because the EB is getting pricey.

I could use a set of rust free doors for my 78 bronco project, if it has them.