• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

75 Ignition Module

jcwalsh1

Loc.
Shawnee, KS
Hello All,

I recently had issues with my Bronco stalling and eventually ended up with a complete no-start. Should have posted the issue here because the Ignition Module was the last item I replaced. Advanced Auto actually had a green grommet module but I have read that the cheap ones are junk and might only last a few months.

Where can I find a Motorcraft green grommet ignition module? Is that still the best option?

Thanks,

Jeff

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
A new one as a spare wouldn’t be a bad idea.
As long as you try it first and verify that it works right out of the box!

Even though the old one is giving you trouble, using it as a spare, at least temporarily, might at least get you off the side of the road.
Or did it die completely and stay that way?

OP
OP
jcwalsh1

jcwalsh1

Loc.
Shawnee, KS
A new one as a spare wouldn’t be a bad idea.
As long as you try it first and verify that it works right out of the box!

Even though the old one is giving you trouble, using it as a spare, at least temporarily, might at least get you off the side of the road.
Or did it die completely and stay that way?
The old one (original) was toast.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
At one point, the company NOS in San Jose California had a green grommet model in stock.
You might give them a call. Don’t have their number in front of me, but last I checked, they were still in business.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think I might even have one on the shelf, but I’ll have to pull out my Dura Spark service manual to see if there are tests that can be run to verify that it’s still good