• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

'77 Frame Off as a spectator sport

jckkys

Bronco Guru
My '77 is being restored at Hot Rods, in Vail, Az. at 10500 Old Vail Rd. south east of Tucson. They have a bar/restaurant on the second floor, with windows over the shop area. Come, watch, have a beer, and tell me if you think I'm blowing it. I will welcome helpful suggestions too.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hmm, an indoor cars-n-coffee meetup sounds like fun.
A little glacially slow perhaps, but if you time it right you might catch something being fabbed up or bolted on just at the right time.

Paul

OP
OP
J

jckkys

Bronco Guru
I'm largely going for an accurate looking '77 restoration. The truck is/will be a legal '68 ie the frame, title, and vin tag on the glove box are all 1968. My only emissions equipment is a PCV. It will retain the fold down windshield, removable window frames on the doors, and FJ40 2 speed wipers. In other words the roadster friendly features with the '77 niceties.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
Would be a better show to watch bronco owners work on their rigs while you throw down lunch and a beer.

Allen_69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sugar Grove Pa
My '77 is being restored at Hot Rods, in Vail, Az. at 10500 Old Vail Rd. south east of Tucson. They have a bar/restaurant on the second floor, with windows over the shop area. Come, watch, have a beer, and tell me if you think I'm blowing it. I will welcome helpful suggestions too.

If that's the same business they must have upgraded, I remember a place on the south side of the city that was just a concrete block building

ransil

Bronco Guru

can you tap on the glass and point ;D

OP
OP
J

jckkys

Bronco Guru
Just drive there and see it live. Both myself and the crew will take tons of pictures. I've got my hands full ordering the best parts and making sure things are done right. I've also acquired parts for over 40 yrs. to build it right and I bring them to the shop as needed.