• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

77 rust free Bronco LOW miles - value ?

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
Hey guys, I'm trying to get a rough idea on what a rust free 77 Bronco would be worth. It has get this, 8500 miles on it. Same people have owned it since 79. The rear quarters are cut and it has some slight body damage ( dents / scrapes ) and needs a paint job. 302, automatic, everything original right down to the jack still in it's bag. Any thoughts ? I'm going to try to get someone to post a picture or two in the near future.

mtn_bronco

Loc.
Leadville, Colorado
Well....

I paid 6500 for my uncut 77 with 100k

NADA says a 77 in number 2 shape is worth 8300

Low miles! Holy crap! That is the lowest I have heard of.

Rockyroads.com has had low mileage ebs 35-60k miles for 8-12k

This is my biased opinion..

I think that the cut fenders on an extremely low mileage truck devalue it quite a bit. The rockyroad trucks were all ucut.

I would go on a base value of 8k-10k (my guess) minus what you think it needs bodywork wise (not paint just body work)

Howard

G

Something like that would probably bring somewhere in the neighborhood of $1500-$1700 tops ! Let me know the phone number or address and I will break the news to those people. I will even let them know that I will take it off their hands for them if they want.

I paid $2700 for mine a couple of years ago and it was 100% original & uncut right down to the am radio. I bought it from the original 83 year old man and it had just turned 90,000 on it. it had just been through the shop before he sold it to me and it had a whole new cooling system (radiator, fan, water pump, thermostat, hoses, etc) and new electrical (starter, solonoid, alternator, battery, cables, etc). I did put a new double roller timing chain and gears on it and rebuilt the original carb. It has run like a champ for the 2-3 years I have had it. Sorry about all the rambling, I guess I got off the subject a little.

nickmyron

Loc.
Tigard, OR
I bought mine for $5700 and it was uncut all original w/one owner and 88K on it.........

It has a few rust spots and needs some body work :'(

But holly crap 8500 miles geeezzzz :eek: :eek:

Nick~

74ranger

Loc.
wilkeson, washington
[quote author=green73broncoinsacto link=board=5;threadid=20731;start=0#msg159689 date=1060299714]
Something like that would probably bring somewhere in the neighborhood of $1500-$1700 tops ! Let me know the phone number or address and I will break the news to those people. I will even let them know that I will take it off their hands for them if they want.

oh yeah let me know to, i suppose i could fork out $1500 for a pile like that ::) :-X[/quote]

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
I come from the land of cheep Broncos and got mine for three thousand. If anyone else was saying that kind of mileage I would not believe it, but you have been around enough to know if it's true 2bad. So I say offer as much as you can afford, but around here six thousand would be tops probably with a different market allowed adjustment for your location.

Congratulations on your find and keep us updated please.

And hey, any chance you can make the Roundup in Hot Springs this year.

DJM75

Loc.
Washougal
I don't know how much it would be worth but I'm sure it would fetch a pretty penny up here in the land of salt and rust.
Don

OP
OP
2badrotties

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
Oh no, you guys have it all wrong. I can't buy it . It's more fun to start with a bucket of rust with 150,000 miles on it and work from there ;D. The Bronco belongs to someone who is thinking of selling it, but not to me :( I have so much money tied up in junk, I can't afford it. I am looking at a motorhome right now so another bronco is out of the question for a while. I'm thinking of running away from home and I'm going to need some place for me and at least one dog to sleep ;D Winter will be HERE before you know it and I'm really tired of winter.

Nuke

If stock Broncos were more collectable, I think it would go pretty high. Fact being, I think very few, even us, care how stock is. I know some like them, but I would guess of those of use who are "in" to EB's only 20% would keep one stock.

That being said, I think $8 to $10k is possible. It may not sell quick, but I think it could go for that, especially on Ebay.

G

[quote author=2badrotties link=board=5;threadid=20731;start=0#msg160197 date=1060471034]
Anyone else ?
[/
quote] I say around 5 to 6 in tennessee
by the wat i am still seeing old server help!!!!![/quote]

BwoncoHowie

C-4 Wizard
[quote author=2badrotties link=board=5;threadid=20731;start=0#msg159685 date=1060297372]
Hey guys, I'm trying to get a rough idea on what a rust free 77 Bronco would be worth. It has get this, 8500 miles on it. Same people have owned it since 79. The rear quarters are cut and it has some slight body damage ( dents / scrapes ) and needs a paint job. 302, automatic, everything original right down to the jack still in it's bag. Any thoughts ? I'm going to try to get someone to post a picture or two in the near future.
[/quote]

That jack bag you speak of... What do they look like? I think my '73 still has one. The low mi 77 here in CA would go for 6 to 12 grand.

~BH