• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

EVENT 8TH annual May It Forward...presented by BONES May 14th...coming soon!! new attachment...please read!!

Added to Calendar: 05-13-22, 05-14-22

Bronco Events for calendar
OP
OP
tasker

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Well, our 8th annual May It Forward is in the books, and it was one for the ages!. BONES is proud to announce that this was our biggest and best year yet! Our Friday night cruise had 40 trucks in attendance, and our main event on Saturday had a total of 100 trucks representing 13 states with a running donation tally of $25,093 dollars! The weather could not have been more perfect for all of our friends travelling near and far and, to that, I am most grateful. Our very first event only had 25 trucks total and to have 40 on the street cruise alone was simply amazing! The continued enthusiastic support that the group has given us over the years is very humbling.

The cruise took a leisurely pace through North Central Massachusetts seeing back roads, reservoirs and little league games! We managed to stop for a group photo, but that proved to be a challenge as having 40 trucks participating is not conducive to getting all the rides in one picture. Nevertheless, we tried and pressed on. Our dinner break was even more challenging, since having 100 people suddenly show up put a major crimp in the Drive-In's ability to serve everyone. Many headed off to alternate restaurants only to see us again in the morning.

Saturday started with a 4 am, can't sleep, wake up to the day. Dropping off the many raffle prizes the day before alleviated some pressure, but anxiety was still present with what the day would bring. Every year of sweating the details and thinking "What if only a few show up? Did they not like last year?" quickly got put to rest by 9am as the trucks came rolling in. The smiles, reconnecting, and those awesome trucks are what make this event so special. Not only was it record-breaking attendance, but Travis Mills himself, along with his mom, came down to meet and mingle with the BONES faithful. To say he was thoroughly impressed is an understatement. He is such a cool and unassuming guy and immediately gives off a confident vibe that anything can be achieved. (except the completion of my project truck!)
Emoji

A lunch of hotdogs, burgers and the trimmings were consumed prior to our hearty raffle that, every year, continues to amaze me. The participants who donate items to give away and the generosity of all of our wonderful vendors is heartwarming and sincere. The fact that we doubled last year's donations is staggering! I am equally blown away by the growth of this "little New England" get-together and what it has become as well as the good that it brings to our veterans in need. A special thank you to the Bronco Nation website for the generous donation from their Gear for Good t-shirt sales! As for why we do this...please check out the Travis Mills Foundation and its Mission at travismillsfoundation.org.

Thank you to ALL. With gas prices at an all-time high, hotel stays, and the opening up of wallets can be an expensive endeavor, we greatly appreciate the participation and commitment that many have given us over the years. Please mark your calendar for next year, May 12-13th, for our 9th go-round! Hope to see you at the next one!

Attachments

• may24.jpg
    may24.jpg
    298 KB · Views: 20
  • may23.jpg
    may23.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 21
  • may22.jpg
    may22.jpg
    396.8 KB · Views: 15
  • may21.jpg
    may21.jpg
    316.7 KB · Views: 16
  • may20.jpg
    may20.jpg
    349.7 KB · Views: 19
  • may19.jpg
    may19.jpg
    263.2 KB · Views: 19
  • may18.jpg
    may18.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 21
  • may17.jpg
    may17.jpg
    402.5 KB · Views: 19
  • May16.jpg
    May16.jpg
    352.8 KB · Views: 17
  • MAY15.jpg
    MAY15.jpg
    305.2 KB · Views: 21
OP
OP
tasker

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
and some more...thanks Ryan! MAY14.jpg

Attachments

• MAY12.jpg
    MAY12.jpg
    336.4 KB · Views: 20
  • MAY13.jpg
    MAY13.jpg
    394.3 KB · Views: 16
  • may11.jpg
    may11.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 14
  • may10.jpg
    may10.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 13
  • may.jpg
    may.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 13
  • may2.jpg
    may2.jpg
    282.9 KB · Views: 15
  • may3.jpg
    may3.jpg
    325 KB · Views: 14
  • may5.jpg
    may5.jpg
    277.6 KB · Views: 14
  • may6.jpg
    may6.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 18

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What a fabulous time!! If you haven't been to a May It Forward event make plans to go next year. If you have been to one (or more) you know what I'm talkin about. It's well worth the drive from VA, to see our BONES friends, raise money for an outstanding cause and we got to meet Travis Mills this year!! What a highlight to our trip.

Randy - you rock, my friend. I know how much work this is and I give you all the credit in the world for caring so much that you lose sleep over it. The guys and gals that help you are awesome as well.

We'll definitely be back!!

OP
OP
tasker

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
What a fabulous time!! If you haven't been to a May It Forward event make plans to go next year. If you have been to one (or more) you know what I'm talkin about. It's well worth the drive from VA, to see our BONES friends, raise money for an outstanding cause and we got to meet Travis Mills this year!! What a highlight to our trip.

Randy - you rock, my friend. I know how much work this is and I give you all the credit in the world for caring so much that you lose sleep over it. The guys and gals that help you are awesome as well.

THE support over the years is what keeps us going! Very kind words Judy, proud of this group I call family!

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
From humble beginnings come great things. Congrats to Randy and all who made it happen!

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Your the best Randy. Congratulations and thanks to all who helped you out. Once retirement get here. I need to plan a vacation to your neck of the woods and attend the event.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

It's definitely a must attend..