• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD 9” disc brake rear axle

Status
Not open for further replies.

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
City: Belmont
Price: $ 500

78 Lincoln Versailles 9” disc brake axle COMPLETE. Wheel mounting surface to surface 57 9/16”.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 33
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 32

FoMoCoBronCo

Dumb question, but are these known to be a direct fit for our early broncos? Is any fabrication required?

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Perches for springs/shocks are different

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Someone in the Mustang community will definitely want that! Require work for EBs due to track width, spring perch location, gear ratio, shock location, bolt pattern, etc.

Todd Z.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Someone in the Mustang community will definitely want that! Require work for EBs due to track width, spring perch location, gear ratio, shock location, bolt pattern, etc.

Todd Z.
If this is a bolt in for a 66 Mustang, it is probably sold if we can figure out a way to get it to Oklahoma. Know a guy about to drop real money on all new stuff, that I think is too expensive for what he is getting and what it is for.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Some googling will answer the question, but I seem to recall the 65-66 cars were the ones in which these axles fit best.

Todd Z.

OP
OP
phred

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
I pulled this from a mustang forum:

You may need to change the pinion yoke because the stock Versailles yoke used a constant velocity joint.
* The 3" Versailles housing is super strong and has the larger axle bearings so keep it, but I would suggest you use different caliper/rotor setup becasue the Versailles setup is heavy, the caliper emergency brake actuation design was poor and can be troublesome, and parts are getting rare and more expensive. I'm about to make the swap myself but haven't decided what brake setup I'll use.
* As mentioned, the mounting flanges are about 1" narrower on each side than a stock Mustang rear end. I really like this becasue it allows me to run a 10" wide wheel and have only a little stick out beyond the fender lip - a look I really like. Just be sure to measure your backspacing carefully and get the right wheel you'll be set.
* Also as mentioned, you'll need to modify your spring plates to accommodate the 3" housing diameter. I slotted my plates long ago and never did like how it turned out. I'm about to either buy a aftermarket set or design and build my own.
* The Versailles caliper emergency brake will work but you'll need to relocate the cable mount from it's factory location. This is what I did, and my ebrake works well (when the Versailles caliper is adjusted correctly). You can avoid having to relocate the ebrake mount by switching to different caliper/rotor setup.

OP
OP
phred

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
If this is a bolt in for a 66 Mustang, it is probably sold if we can figure out a way to get it to Oklahoma. Know a guy about to drop real money on all new stuff, that I think is too expensive for what he is getting and what it is for.
Steve shipping this thing will be crazy expensive. I don’t know anyone that is headed west in the near future. I’ll ask clay alt if he’s headed to Moab later this summer.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Shipping through work is way reasonable, like free, I can transfer truck it around and get it to TX and I can pick it up there. game if you are. My buddy that wants it is not in a hurry.

Status
Not open for further replies.