• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

9" limited slip/locker question for the old guys

svobronco

Many years ago I read a magazine article that explained how one could turn an open diff 9" into a limited slip/locker hybrid by buying a few parts from Ford and shoving them into the case. Something makes me think they called it an "out-race-you" diff. Back in the mid-late 80's I did this with the 9" in my '66 Galaxie with great results.
While rooting thru my toolbox today I found a couple of Ford boxes with all the parts to convert another open diff. Guess I bought 2 at the time.
My question is: Does anyone else remember this article and what magazine it was from? I looked thru my Super Ford collection with no success and a Google search turns up nothing. Running the Ford part #'s show them to be Traction-Loc parts. I'm thinking of using these parts in a 4.11 diff I just put together but want to see the article to make sure I have all the parts and put it together right.

D3SZ-4211-A
C8OZ-4A326-A

TIA

Greg