• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

((911)) NEED 1 spider gear for a ford 8.8

broncosport

Loc.
Knob Noster MO
I have a 94 F150 with the 8.8 that needs a spider gear?? I cant find anyplace that will sell just the spiders. Anyone got one laying around, I only need one?? Its for my farm truck, but I still need it road worthy!;D

HGM

Loc.
Senoia, Ga.
If no one closer chimes in, shoot me a PM with exactly what you need, open diff or limited slip, side gear or pinion gear..

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
Replied

I welded up my D44 (side gears only - no spiders or pinion shaft) using a 220 mig, but a wiseass turned off the gas while I was doing it. It has held well enough to shatter a U-joint, break the ears off the axleshaft, and blow both hub locks, and I'm no welder. If you know what you're doing, a 110 should do the job, but I wouldn't weld the rear end of a street-legal truck.

Ranchtruck

Clean off and warm the spiders up some with a torch before you weld the snots out of them. Don't be stingy with the bead and make sure you get good penetration into the gears.

Had a 2wd F250 we killed off in the woods on ATV trails on my neighbors land, It was worthless until we welded up the spiders. You still had to use a lot of momentum to make it through the mud, rocks and trees but it did pretty good. The long posi breakstands we did for 1/4 mile down the road looked great too.

Oh yeah, cheap SOB trick for a welded diff: drain the gear oil into a zip-lock bag when you pull the cover off. Pack the bag back in around the carrier once things have cooled off and put the cover back on. After a few miles there isn't a trace of the bag left, the ring and pinion make sure of that. Great for the beater truck with a budget of $0.