• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

93 ford bronco

matt69

Loc.
Peoria
I found a wrecked 93 broncoronco XLT. Is that a good EFI motor to fit in early bronco?

thanks
matt

grant_71

Bronco Guru
Not really, the intake is too tall, it would require a body lift or a hood with a scoop or bubble of some sort. Not sure how much more clearance is needed.

Grant

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Couldn't he use the adapter BC sells and a crown vic or mustang upper intake?

A4x4Junky

Loc.
South Jersey
If the deal you get is good enough, sure can use the motor. You have complete motor, wiring harness (if you choose to not buy a new one) and computer setup. Like has been said, you will still have to deal with a truck intake (since they are too tall for our application) as well as many other issues...but there is no good reason to not use that as a donor.

Anthony

OP
OP
M

matt69

Loc.
Peoria
It is a smoking deal. I think I canbuy the entire truck for 300 bucks! I have a 2inch body lift and a hood scoop any chance I can fit the truck intake?

matt

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
It is a smoking deal. I think I canbuy the entire truck for 300 bucks! I have a 2inch body lift and a hood scoop any chance I can fit the truck intake?

matt

Probably not without fabrication. There is a guy on this board that has the truck intake and a 3" body lift, and he still had to make his own custom hood scoop so that it would fit. I am assuming that it is a 5.8 motor?

OP
OP
M

matt69

Loc.
Peoria
I have not checked into the details, but would assume that it is a 5.8.

Thanks, if the deal works I guess I will have to change the upper.

matt