• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

9th AnNuAl HoWiEpAlOoZa 2K8

bax

Contributor
Old Member
1162 miles, one way for me. Don't wait up it ay take me a while.

Bax

OP
OP
howiebilt

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
Dusty - I remember trying to get Chuck to come out here to the event when he was in Cali , and I must admit , it is a long haul ;)

I will always extend the invite to any of the Bronco vendors but you and Chuck are the only ones that really take an interest in the event and I'm happy to say that this year ... there is a strong possibility that BC Broncos will attend . Maybe I need to send the others an invitation - I haven't heard from them yet ?:?

Bax - If you fly in , I'll make arrangements to pick you up . You can stay with me at the hotel :eek: leave your bronco at home ... I don't want yours making mine look bad ;D ;D

howiebilt

MeanGreen75

Loc.
southwest WI
Howdy. This will be my first year with an actual trail rig to play in, so i'm really hoping to come play and see some other broncos. Looks like its about 250 miles, so its deffinitly the closest bronco gathering I'll get to go to. Sounds like a good time!

Dusty

Bronco Guru
Dusty - I remember trying to get Chuck to come out here to the event when he was in Cali , and I must admit , it is a long haul ;)

I will always extend the invite to any of the Bronco vendors but you and Chuck are the only ones that really take an interest in the event and I'm happy to say that this year ... there is a strong possibility that BC Broncos will attend . Maybe I need to send the others an invitation - I haven't heard from them yet ?:?

Well I've wanted to get out there to Howiepalooza since before I was a vendor :) As business owners its hard to close up shop and hit the road, but we still manage to do it from time to time. For me, it always has been and always will be about the WHEELING more than anything else. Yeah there's shop rent and bills to pay but if you can't go have fun once in a while, why bother? I bet Chuck feels the same way.

I like all of the Bronco events, those I've been to and those I can only read about and see the pictures after the fact. They've all got their own attraction. I've always liked the more grass-roots, downhome vibe that Howiepalooza seems to have. Maybe we can make it out there for HWPLZA2K9 ;D

Dusty

BradH

Loc.
Blandinsville, Il
I will make it again if you can get it to rain enuf to not be able to farm. Had a great time in Iowa and Hanibal. Happy B-day if I can't make it. Hope to see you there.
Brad

1sorbronc77

Loc.
Kellyville, OK
I believe we will make it this year, last one I made it to was when you held it a disney,ok. so c2 & I are looking forward to it.. see ya soon................................... Grant&c2

2Broncos2Go

Bronco Guru
I believe we will make it this year, last one I made it to was when you held it a disney,ok. so c2 & I are looking forward to it.. see ya soon................................... Grant&c2

Yellowbronc - isn't it amazing how the 'damn bratz' beat you at some things!
(I see Grant & C2 beat me to the posting on this one but we luv'em both)

HOWIE - WE'RE PLANNING TO MAKE IT AGAIN THIS YEAR!!!!!!!
Iowa, Disney, Rockport, Hannibal, Hannibal,....we've got a good
track record going so far don't wanna break it now!
Hope you got the pics I sent you

and I'm saving my 'H-a-p-p-y B-i-r-t-h-d-a-y' til we get there!:-*

OP
OP
howiebilt

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
BradH - I can't promise anything on the rain ... but the band does play a great rendition of "the rain king" by the Counting Crows :eek:

Crewdg - I'm looking forward to seeing you again ... I will stock up on the paint pens:cool:

1sorbronc77 - you are going to love it this year !! I'm glad you can make it ;)

2broncos2go - It looks like it's going to be more of a family reunion than a trail ride ... why did I push it back to May ?:? I'm ready now :D :D :D

Don't forget ....there will be a jerky competition this year ! 2 categories , Domestic (beef , pork , turkey etc. ) and wild ( deer , road kill whatever ? )

I've got a couple of surprises up my sleeve ... but the cat ain't gettin' out of the bag until then %) %) %)

hOwIeBiLt

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Bax - If you fly in , I'll make arrangements to pick you up . You can stay with me at the hotel :eek: leave your bronco at home ... I don't want yours making mine look bad ;D ;D

howiebilt

Howie. Sounds like a plan. What airport is close and I will look into it.

Bax

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
I have been planning to come to this for years but this year it was first on the calender. There are too many events to be able to make them all but I will be at this one if I have to ride a bus. E-mail/call me and let me know how I can help.

OP
OP
howiebilt

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
You can't tell ... but I've been doing the happy dance:eek: ;D ;D

Chuck , I'll give you a call on monday ;)

Howiebilt

2Broncos2Go

Bronco Guru
Patting foot, twiddling thumbs %)
;D COUNTING DAYS!!!!!!!!

:eek: oops, I just remembered - I gotta make our room reservations!

bubba

Loc.
Conway
I had to ask permission but i think i have her talked into letting me go. I would tell you i make the calls around here but she is standing behind me.

This is Mrs. Bubba. He thinks he wears the pants in the family but I tell him how to put them on. ;D

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
Thank You for sharing Mrs. Bubba, we will enjoy his company and take good care of him ;)

And....any chance you might send some homemade chocolate chip cookies with him ;D

fdezone

Loc.
Fredericksburg, VA
Hey Howie, from Fredericksburg, VA to Hannibal, MO is only 935 miles. :cry: Hell, according to MapQuest I can make it there in approximately 15 hours. Oh well, sorry olde tymer. That bites! I'd really love to attend. :-[