• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

A couple of centech questions

mtnbiker2010

Loc.
Grand Rapids MI
I did a search and looked at the tech articles but I guess I am still confused so here goes.
I don't see any wires to power the small lights on the dash that say wipers, heat, defrost, etc. The only wire I see that might possibly be for them is coming from the section going to the wiper switch, there is a black ground wire and a green wire that says dash lghts. Could this be for those two sets of lights, and if so how would you wire it since it is only one light.
My second question comes from the wiper switch, I read the tech article which actually really confused me, (not hard to do when there is electical involved), my directions don't say anything about modifying the wiper "motor stop" or drilling a new hole in the dash. I don't see why I couldn't just unplug my wiper switch and wire the wires directly to the old switch, is there any reason this would not work. The reason that I would like to use the old switch is so that the knob will fit on the switch. The new switch is too large in diameter for the old knob.
Any help with these problems would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I have heard that centech has a great tech line, I just haven't had a chance to contact them yet due to the time.

jdevon

Loc.
Dallas Area
i wanted to bump this up and add one question.

i am doing a painless install right now, and it also has only one power wire for the dash lights. i was just going to splice into it to have a lead for both light bars. let me know if anyone did it differently.

my question is the fuel guage selector. how did you guys wire this up? the directions say nothing about it, painless did not respond to either of my emails, and when i called they said they would have to research it and call me back but they never did. jeez.

thanks guys.

jd

taxx

Loc.
Indianapolis
jdevon said:
i am doing a painless install right now, and it also has only one power wire for the dash lights. i was just going to splice into it to have a lead for both light bars. let me know if anyone did it differently.

Yes that is correct. Its a DC bulb so it doesn't matter which side is pos and which is neg so ground one side and hook the other to that wire for all dash lights.

I don't have a fuel gauge selector so I can't help there. But I know the centech comes with two sender wires so it seems like it should be simple enough, I am sure someone will chime in.

I also have intermitent wipers so I can't answer your wiper question either but I didn't use the centech switch either. I wired mine into my existing intermitent switch but it may be a bit different on yours even though I am sure you can wire into your switch. Just figure out what wire does what and go for it.