• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

A good switch panel to go where the factory radio did.

Johnnyb

Contributor
Loc.
Flagstaff
I'm looking for recommendations for a good switch panel or switches that I can install where the factory radio would have been. In my dash that is welded solid and finished.

One option would be drilling holes and installing quality rockers, like the ones with the flip up covers.

Another option would be a clean switch panel, with possible USB charging and or cigarette lighter port.

Just wondering what others had done and if you guys have any photos.

THX,
JB

Sent from my SM-N981U1 using Tapatalk

67sport

Contributor
Loc.
Vancouver Island, Canada
21dade1c3f57bd3ea7c8dbf9b197744b.jpg

I ended up buying a cheap Amazon panel, because I'm cheap. The switches are an OMRON copy, so I figure I'll replace them with quality ones as needed.
I have one switch wired direct to 12 volts, so I can turn on the USB, voltmeter, and cigarette lighter when the truck is off, as well as monitor the voltage while using them.
I bent up a dash overlay for the center of my dash, to cover the cut up dash, and it also gave me a large surface to mount an auxiliary heater beneath it, cause it's cold where I live for half the year. I needed more heat in the cab, not AC like most guys here!

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Switch Pros SP-9100 8-Switch Panel Power System With Concealed Mounting Hardware is a set up that I've been looking at. It's just expensive. but has everything I would want in a switch panel.
Also on Amazon.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Here is a much cheaper 8 switch set also on Amazon.
ALAVENTE 8 Gang Universal Switch Controller Panel, Dimmable Electronic Relay Automatic System LED Car Switch Button Touch Screen Circuit Control Box, for Car Truck SUV ATV UTV RV Boat(Blue)

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I just did this one in my trail rig.

Attachments

• new dash.jpg
    new dash.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 92

trekgurl

Switch Pros SP-9100 8-Switch Panel Power System

What he said,,,

I did the Switch-Pros SP9100 8-Switch Programable Switch Panel Power System a few yrs ago. I wanted the 12 switch panel but back then it was still under development and using (2) SP9100's was not an option. You can get the 12 switch now and runs about a grand. You never have enough switches or enough garage ;D

Now you can supposedly you can “connect” switches to run higher Amp devices, but right now I'm running interior/external lights, radio, etc. It is smaller and compact with a small footprint though. The surface is smooth and can be touchy (you can hit the wrong button easily) but you can order a divider grid. I mounted mine in the roof console so it's easy to reach. I suppose you can get real fancy with it,,(as it has Bluetooth). I eventually want to run a few more devices in the rear someday.

It does have “electronics” in it so can't speak for the durability yet (other than it hasn't given me any issues) with normal beatings and everyday driving. It's one of the few electronics I have as I totally understand the durability of less complicated approaches. If you're a toggle kinda person, you probably won't care for this.

txtruk15

Contributor
Loc.
Highland Village, TX
Switch Pros SP-9100 8-Switch Panel Power System

What he said,,,

I did the Switch-Pros SP9100 8-Switch Programable Switch Panel Power System a few yrs ago. I wanted the 12 switch panel but back then it was still under development and using (2) SP9100's was not an option. You can get the 12 switch now and runs about a grand. You never have enough switches or enough garage ;D

Now you can supposedly you can “connect” switches to run higher Amp devices, but right now I'm running interior/external lights, radio, etc. It is smaller and compact with a small footprint though. The surface is smooth and can be touchy (you can hit the wrong button easily) but you can order a divider grid. I mounted mine in the roof console so it's easy to reach. I suppose you can get real fancy with it,,(as it has Bluetooth). I eventually want to run a few more devices in the rear someday.

It does have “electronics” in it so can't speak for the durability yet (other than it hasn't given me any issues) with normal beatings and everyday driving. It's one of the few electronics I have as I totally understand the durability of less complicated approaches. If you're a toggle kinda person, you probably won't care for this.

Not to redirect the thread, but that center console you fabbed for up between the rollbars is fantastic - exactly what I've been thinking about doing. I don't have fabrication skills so I will probably need to have someone make one. How did you fasten it to the crossbars - weld them?

jmhend

Bronco Guru
I went with an Amazon 5 switch panel and I wish I had gone with a 6 switch. The 5 is not quite wide enough for the cut out that the previous owner left me..