• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

AC eliminator pulley

Skidmark

Loc.
Boise, Idaho
I'm running BC's serpentine system on my 351w. Apparently this calls for an AC eliminator pulley. Where might I find something like this? Is it something that bolts directly to the AC bracket?

66horse

Bronco Guru
Hmm, you should be able to either run an Ac eliminator bracket or the stock ac pump. AC pump should be able to be found cheap at the junkyard or Chuck sells the eliminator.

cro_bronco

Loc.
Hamilton, MI
Run without the AC pump altogether. You'll have to custom fit the belt length. i am running a mustang setup on my 351W, no smog pump, no AC pump. Good Luck!

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Unless you get an idler pulley and make the bracket yourself, you are not going to find it for much less. It is a desired part by the mustang racers and was not highly (if at all) available on stuff you find in the yards.

OP
OP
S

Skidmark

Loc.
Boise, Idaho
Thanks for your input everyone. I've heard the same thing about the mustang crowd.

I guess I'll just go with Chuck's.

JRS77

Loc.
Omaha, Texas
What is the A/C mount? Sorry for the frustration I just can't seem to get this thing right. Bronco been done now for 6 months.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
I hope you havn't been waiting that long for the elim. pulley. The A/C bracket I was talking about is the one that the P/S pump mounts to, the A/C mounts above it. It is from a late 80's mustang. You can see a picture on my site www.bcbroncos.com/store

OP
OP
S

Skidmark

Loc.
Boise, Idaho
I didn't wait too long chuck. I went ahead and ordered one from you awhile back. I was curious about the belt routing though. If it would be too much trouble could you maybe post a thread about how the belt routes through the system. I've come up with a couple options but wanted to be sure I was on track.

Thanks

72Sport

Bronco Guru
Skidmark said:
I didn't wait too long chuck. I went ahead and ordered one from you awhile back. I was curious about the belt routing though. If it would be too much trouble could you maybe post a thread about how the belt routes through the system. I've come up with a couple options but wanted to be sure I was on track.

Thanks

Go to http://fordmuscle.com/archives/2000/02/quicktips/index.shtml. Every belt routing you may need for whatever accessories you want to run.

Last edited:

rustbucket

Bronco Guru
I bought mine at the local Ford dealership. I have a stock setup off of a 94 F 250, though.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
I went to the above link but could not find the belt routing. Anyway, the way I route the belt on my setup is as follows. Starting at the pass. side of the crank pulley go up around the drivers side of the waterpump pulley, over the top of that to the bottom of either the lower A/C or Alt. pulley, CW around it, under the tensioner, over the top of the A/C or eliminator pulley, down around the P/S pulley and back to the drivers side of the crank pulley. A belt routing sticker is included with our S-belt kit.

JRS77

Loc.
Omaha, Texas
Chuck, Shouldn't the A/C eliminator pulley be a 6 groove pulley instead of a flat pulley or does it not matter? It would seem that the belt would wear out quicker.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
I think you would be right if the pulley was driving anything but is just an idler. I have been using it that way for 5? years without any trouble. That doesn't make it right but it doesn't seem to hurt anything either.