• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Addition to the Stable!!! Teaser Pic!!

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
Through the years, whenever I've followed up on a Bronco for sale, This is the one I've always wanted to find. Only a few could be this lucky.

OP
OP
JaxLax

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
ok. crazy weekend over.
here's the run down:
302 stock 2-barrel motorcraft and intake. was rebuilt/refreshed 9K ago.
C4 shifts well, hesitates once every ten times i start it up
J-shift D20 is solid as a rock
Dana 44: limited slip/3.50/discs
9": stock
underside was coated back in early 80's and is rust free
Hardtop never been removed. :cool:
cut fenders with 31's with older style fiberglass flares
inside has recovered stock seats, homemade wiper cover with speakers
original floor mat never been removed
outside was repainted a few years back the original color (the inside wasn't touched, so it matches, but is just slightly dull)
EVERYTHING electrical works.
he added a rear light spliced in with reverse for extra light and a 3rd brake light
the front bumper is supposedly made by Warn specifically for Bronco, has two extra lights, and an older center remote Warn 8274 winch.

she drives great. no shimmys or problems @ 65mph. very quiet.

If that's not cool. the back story and paper trail is a million times better.
I got a log book of service done to it since 1978!
I got the ORIGINAL bill of sale ($4700) and lien agreement to it!!!!! :eek:

I bought from an older gentleman in Yulee, FL. He sold it due to the fact that he was just not driving it anymore and didn't want it to just sit. He bought it new in 1977 for his birthday!!! It has been either garaged or under a car port for all of her 28 years. Oh and i got her for 5.5K ;D ;D ;D it's more than i was looking to spend on another one, but i couldn't pass this one up ;)

future plans.....per my fathers request and my own thoughts, i think i will just keep them both as is. Red one will be my fun truck (just fix the floor and leave the rest of it messed up since it runs fine) and while she's down drive and keep the green one as a cruiser DD. ;D

Of course i can't help but tinker. Plans for the green one: hardtop shocks, line the tub to keep it rust free then recover with stock (or new) floormat, new locks and such, new cd player and maybe some rear speakers, other than those i'm gonna leave her close to stock-ish and clean ;D ;D :cool: ;)