• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

ADMIN - Submit your pics for the 2007 CB Calendar!

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
++++++++ ADMIN EDIT +++++++++
The voting thread has now been started. http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89100
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

OK, this is the official call for entries for the 2007 ClassicBroncos Calendar. Please start gathering your best photos and submit them no later than Friday Sept 15, 2006. Last year's calendar was a great success and I'm looking forward to another great one this year.:)

We'll all vote on the photos and the top 12 will be used. If you were in the calendar last year can submit again, but not the same photo. You can submit a few shots if you aren't sure which is best, but I'll only be able to use one for the final voting.

If your photos are digital email me at classicbroncos@gmail.com (please include your forum username) If you have prints that you need me to scan please mail them to me at:

Jon Hanna
P.O. Box 16775
Phoenix, AZ 85011-6775

OK, here's the catch.. Photos have to be a minimum size to be able to print cleanly on a full size calendar. If it's a digital image it needs to be 1800x1200 pixels minimum (obviously bigger is better). Basically a 2.0 Megapixel or better digital camera will work. Any lower resolution and they just won't print well. Even the largest photos in the Gallery are too small. Sorry! And please don't take a smaller pic and change the resolution to bump it up to 1800x1200. It doesn't work that way unfortunately. The original needs to be at that resolution.

For those that don't have one hanging on your wall from last year, here's a shot of how it turned out:
http://classicbroncos.com/img/2006_calendar_preview2.jpg

Thanks in advance for all the great photos I expect to get! :)

Last edited:

ghost66

Bronco Guru
Ok, so yesterday I'm taking a picture of my new/old 74 for the calendar and my wife asks me what I'm doing. I said, so what do you think my chances are of getting in this years edition, she starts laughing at me and says unless you get a photo of it with some super cool background or a better looking Bronco in front of it to hide it then "YOU HAVE NO CHANCE", go finish cutting the grass and stop dreaming. She left me speechless, which is very hard to do since I am the king of the one liners and comebacks.I'm going to submit one anyway but I'm definately searching for a photo op where the setting distracts you guys from my Bronco. I can't wait to see some of the photos this year and seriously hope Dusty submits the beach scene he sent to me and Mad sends in a few.How about you Karl you have some awesome pics.

brian72

Early Bronco Student
nothing like the pressure to work the kinks out, to get a pic, to then get it in by sept 15....thank, thanks a lot :) :)

OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
ghost66, I'm thinking your wife just wanted you to stop playing and cut the grass.;D

OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
73stallion, when did you send them? They didn't come today, but maybe you sent them over the weekend and I haven't had a chance to look at them yet.

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
"How about you Karl you have some awesome pics"
Thanks Ghost. I am retiring the white rig. It is going on a couple more trail runs-then a repaint from door openings back-I am leaving all the rock rash on the underside of the frame :)

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
just found a cool little rocky creek today i plan on taking another pic in next tuesday, i'll send that one too!

4jrfox

Loc.
Houston
1974 Bronco pic's

Hello Did you get my pic? and are they high enough quality?
John Fox
Houston
1974 1/2 cab Green
jrfox@lightmortgage.com

If there a place to view all of the calendar shots before the Voting!

OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
John, I did get them and replied last week. I just resent the email to both of your addresses.

No, there won't be a place to view them before voting. The voting period will go on for a couple of weeks so that should be plenty of time to see them all and decide. If there's a reason to have them viewable before voting let me know.

YellowBronc

Bronco God
To bad you can't hold off on submissions until after OCBR 2006 at the end of September. Might get some neat pics. (Hint, hint)

Just hoping ;)

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
YellowBronc said:
To bad you can't hold off on submissions until after OCBR 2006 at the end of September. Might get some neat pics. (Hint, hint)

Just hoping ;)
I was hoping the same thing ;)

OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Sorry to the OCBR folks :cry: but I really can't wait another 2+ weeks. My schedule for the rest of the year is pretty packed and putting the calendar together really takes a lot of time. If I don't stick to the Sept 15th deadline I risk not getting them out in time for Christmas.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Jon, I don't recall the rules when photos are sent in of others rigs? I would like to submit one of mine and then one for SecondChance that I posted in another thread with it partially assembled in his garage.

OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
SaddleUp said:
Jon, I don't recall the rules when photos are sent in of others rigs? I would like to submit one of mine and then one for SecondChance that I posted in another thread with it partially assembled in his garage.
I don't think it's come up before, but as long as the person is a forum member and is OK with you submitting it then it's fine.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
admin said:
I don't think it's come up before, but as long as the person is a forum member and is OK with you submitting it then it's fine.
SecondChance is my brother. He will be thrilled at the idea. Thnx.

Desert Thrasher

Bronco Guru
Im confused as to why my pics I sent were too small? They were all about 2000x1500. I thought the minimum was 1800x1200? Am I not understanding correctly?