• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Aero fuel injection tank

ENDLIFE

I'm about to buy a new high capacity fuel tank, and after a whole lot of research I'm looking at the Aero fuel tanks. They don't have any pictures on the Aero website of their fuel injection tanks. So, I'm hoping someone might have a picture of their tank, maybe have a little horror story about a tough installation, and some finished product pictures.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I have the tank but can't really supply pics as its installed in my new project but if I were to do it again I think I would just do a regular tank and use a single frame mounted pump like I did on my wheeler. In tank is nice and definitely quieter but man it sucks to replace if you are in a bad spot. It'll save you a lot more money to to just frame mount a single HP pump.

OP
OP
ENDLIFE

ENDLIFE

Do you ever have any issues with your pump not priming, or do you use a pusher pump?

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Nope, never had a problem. Turn key to on, pump goes 2 seconds, turn to start and then fires immediately every time. Bronco can sit for 6 months and never loses pressure, starts first shot every time.

OP
OP
ENDLIFE

ENDLIFE

Awesome, and thanks for your help Tito. I have a frame mounted pump for my fuel injection (Holley Pro-Jection), now I'm running a 5.0, and the stupid refuses to pull fuel out of nowhere. It's not a Wabro, but it's worked flawlessly for years. I just dont want to run into this situation again of a fuel starved pump. What pump do you have on your frame?

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I'll have to look it up but it's the same one most everyone is using and it's one you can get at any auto parts store. I'll look at my trail spare when I get home later.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Areo tank for my 77, I mounted the brackets on it my self for a cutom fit... Using the threaded holes in the frame for the 77 factory tank

88-93 Mustang EFI pump, standard 88 litres per hour. (in tank)

In tank pumps are cooled by the fuel, and last longer, Buy a quality brand - Walbro for example... That's my opinion... others will disagree...

Doug

Attachments

• EFI Pump1.JPG
    EFI Pump1.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 129
  • EFI Tank5.JPG
    EFI Tank5.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 125
  • EFI Tank4.JPG
    EFI Tank4.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 118
  • EFI Tank3.JPG
    EFI Tank3.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 113
  • EFI Tank2.JPG
    EFI Tank2.JPG
    135.4 KB · Views: 114
  • EFI Tank1.JPG
    EFI Tank1.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 135
  • EFI Pump2.JPG
    EFI Pump2.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

boonz28

Contributor
Here are a few pictures of my Aero tank. Not the best but its all i have right now.
As for the install it was pretty easy. I just put a floor jack under it and jacked it up into position. With the floor jack holding it in place i drilled holes in the tabs on the tank so they lined up with the holes already in the frame. Then after i drilled the holes i bolted it up using the supplied bolts for the side tabs on the frame and bought longer bolts that would drop all the way through the crossmember (thanks to Tito for the idea) look at picture 4.
I have a 2" body lift (and a tank built accordingly) which gave me some room to drop the bolts through the top of the crossmember. If not though you can use all threaded rod (again, Tito's idea) and go up from the bottom.
After i installed everything and made sure it fit right i dropped the tank, hooked all the lines up to the tank and reinstalled it. You'll have to tilt the tank at an angle so the lines clear the frame but this will be obvious once you get to that point.

As for the pump, i used a bosch equivalent of the Airtex E200 mentioned above and mounted it to the frame. No pusher pump at all and even though i just finished my install it seems to work just fine.

Attachments

• iphone 096.jpg
    iphone 096.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 124
  • aero 2.jpg
    aero 2.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 126
  • bronco 081 (2).jpg
    bronco 081 (2).jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 124
  • aero 1.jpg
    aero 1.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 134
  • bronco 053 (6).jpg
    bronco 053 (6).jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 122
OP
OP
ENDLIFE

ENDLIFE

Thanks for all the pictures, but I decided to go in tank. I got a great deal on a BC Broncos fuel tank, and I already have a Walbro in tank pump, and I would've been happy with either tank.

clayne

so did any one get the skid plate added to there aero tank, They offered me one for 80 bucks an said be welded on tank. I figured I could weld my own on it. also wanted 89 Buck for the EFI in-tank kit.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I didn't get the skid, 80 was way too much for that. I have gotten 1 with efi and 1 without. Good tanks.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
so did any one get the skid plate added to there aero tank, They offered me one for 80 bucks an said be welded on tank. I figured I could weld my own on it. also wanted 89 Buck for the EFI in-tank kit.

Norcal Broncos has done a number of mass buys with Aero and the prices of the tanks have gone up every time since 2008. We purchased 8 tanks in Dec last year and in January 2013 the price of the tank went up $50.00!
There is the base tank price, EFI, skid plate, lifted/non lifted position of the brackets, Smog/rollover valve option, Sales tax has gone up in our state, and the shipping.

It is not cheap, but it is a good tank. Aero has always handled any issues or concerns we have had.

Doug

clayne

they pretty close everybody elses price now. that labor included put plate on.

clayne

the efi have the round hole like a factory sending unit more in middle tank?