• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Aftermarket fuel caps

malcolmzilla

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Calgary, AB, Canada
With my Bronco nearing final paint prep, my painter keeps asking me what to do about the filler neck:

That looks like ass - do something about it dammit!
:D

As a temporary measure I have been using one of the caps that I salvaged off my donors, I am using the 68 neck and the 77 tank - so I had to weld up the filler one size at the tank and modify the vents.

I was contemplating doing a billet fuel door (BST, Aero, etc) but I actually have the 68/77 filler working well - fills fast with no puking or leaks, and between the warflares and bed rails I am limited on space - most doors are >4", and
I don't mind the cap look, and don't really want to have to cut and weld the filler neck again.

Thus was thinking perhaps a nice billet cap would look ok, preferably one that recesses a bit and sit close to the body. Any ideas? My truck will be Legend Lime with black grille center, flares, wheels, softtop and trim.

I found these @ California Mustang - they do not come with the trim ring though, but fit a 67-74 Mustang so should fit the 68 Bronco filler.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 9030D1Bstd.jpg
    9030D1Bstd.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0053 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0053 (Medium).JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 60

javilamfd

Loc.
Modesto, CA
Doing a search and came across this post. My bronco is getting ready for paint and was wondering if you figured out your fuel cap issue. What did you end up doing and do you have any pics?

Thanks

Buldozer

Bronco Virtuoso
Loc.
God's Country
Put these F250 doors on mine. Like them a lot, but I had to build my own necks and pockets!;D

Attachments

• 8-16-08 004.jpg
    8-16-08 004.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 6-12-08 003.jpg
    6-12-08 003.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 57
  • 6-12-08 002.jpg
    6-12-08 002.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 65

t.lay

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grayslake, IL
I used a kawasaki zr6 cap. I like the size and look, but it fills like crap. I think I'll rework it this spring.