• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Airborne Build Thread ***Edit 8/18 its Registered!

ckriz

Loc.
Central Oregon
hey JJ

your doing a killer job on the ole bronc. It is looking good. Are you and your dad still making the roll bar? That tuffy box looks good. Keep us updated with those pics. that green is cool. Im taking the bronco up to some high lakes this morning maybe I will start a hunting thread later today.

regshawn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland
Remember to really think about that roll cage, stay away from the cheap stuff, and really make it safe! Is it going to be ready for SOB 13? I hope ours in finished this winter so I can tare it apart in the spring for more up grades!!

brian72

Early Bronco Student
if you filling in some of the dash area...install a hidden up behind the dash type unit. You can control it with a remote.

OP
OP
Airborne69

Airborne69

Loc.
Moorpark, CA
hey JJ

your doing a killer job on the ole bronc. It is looking good. Are you and your dad still making the roll bar? That tuffy box looks good. Keep us updated with those pics. that green is cool. Im taking the bronco up to some high lakes this morning maybe I will start a hunting thread later today.

I haven't actually started the roll cage yet. I am waiting to get it street legal so i can drive it to his shop and make it with all of his fancy expensive tools ;D

I will take update pictures whenever I get some work done. My birthday is coming up so hopefully i will get some cool new parts for the bronco. I am going to hint some 5 point harnesses to my mom lol

Keep me updated on everything that you do with your bronco too. I can't wait to see it with the new cage and paint!

OP
OP
Airborne69

Airborne69

Loc.
Moorpark, CA
Looks great JJ! Can't wait to see it in person someday! Glove box is gonna work out well. Jeff put the battery tray in yesterday.

Jess

That glove box will be very helpful when i park the bronco around school without the top and doors.

did you take any pictures of it? I want to see it :cool:

OP
OP
Airborne69

Airborne69

Loc.
Moorpark, CA
Remember to really think about that roll cage, stay away from the cheap stuff, and really make it safe! Is it going to be ready for SOB 13? I hope ours in finished this winter so I can tare it apart in the spring for more up grades!!

I am definitely not going to skimp out on this cage. I will probably tie it into the frame too. I will draw up my plans for it and see if i can scan a picture onto here.

I would be very surprised if it wasn't. Something would have to go terribly wrong in order not to be there next year.

OP
OP
Airborne69

Airborne69

Loc.
Moorpark, CA
if you filling in some of the dash area...install a hidden up behind the dash type unit. You can control it with a remote.

I haven't thought of that before. I like that idea a lot. do you have any pictures or links to one of those units?

regshawn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland
Yeah I plan on tying my cage the frame also, it just makes sense. That would be cool to see it up here in the sand next year, and maybe if your Uncle has not redone his by then you can drive him around!? I do like that color new or faded still looks good.
You should make a "wish list" on Wild Horses site, that way people could check to see if you need stuff even small things, and you can add a subtract as your list is filled and new things come up you need. That's what I did, and it also makes a good check list of things for yourself.
Keep up the good work, and always take pictures,

Shawn

OP
OP
Airborne69

Airborne69

Loc.
Moorpark, CA
Yeah I plan on tying my cage the frame also, it just makes sense. That would be cool to see it up here in the sand next year, and maybe if your Uncle has not redone his by then you can drive him around!? I do like that color new or faded still looks good.
You should make a "wish list" on Wild Horses site, that way people could check to see if you need stuff even small things, and you can add a subtract as your list is filled and new things come up you need. That's what I did, and it also makes a good check list of things for yourself.
Keep up the good work, and always take pictures,

Shawn

I will probably put the frame mounts on a bushing so the body still has some sort of flex. I really hope to be there next year!

I like all greens on bronco's I am yet to see a shade that i dislike.
I am really looking forward to seeing craigs paintjob when it is done.

That is a good idea! I will have to make one soon

regshawn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland
Hey if you get the Bronco up here next year for SOB, will your Dad, or a friend be coming with you or are you on your own for driving? Can't wait to see you driving that thing every day. And remember you can never take to many picture's!!

OP
OP
Airborne69

Airborne69

Loc.
Moorpark, CA
i don't know about my dad but definitely i will bring some friends.
and i would probably caravan with tito and jeffn'jess and ckriz.

o man i can't wait either! its going to be so much better than the 86 grand wagoneer i am driving now!

how is yours coming along?

regshawn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland
Mine is still setting in the same spot all covered up. I can't wait until I'm healed enough to finish the body work. I'm actually getting pretty motivated, just can't do a thing right now. I am looking forward to driving it though I can assure you of that!! And don't fallow to closely to Tito, he likes to blow trailer tires out.................a lot!

OP
OP
Airborne69

Airborne69

Loc.
Moorpark, CA
i am sure once you are healed up and ready to go that beast will be sweet!

hahah i will have to keep that in mind. poor guy :p

zombie66

Loc.
Beaverton, oregon
And don't fallow to closely to Tito, he likes to blow trailer tires out.................a lot!
ouch! but j.j thats not as bad as the dents that will be created on your bronco hood while following behind tito tossing his zima bottles out the window as he pounds them down. :eek:

Attachments

• DSCN0992 (Large).JPG
    DSCN0992 (Large).JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 29
OP
OP
Airborne69

Airborne69

Loc.
Moorpark, CA
kinda sorta lol

I totally redid my dash. I cut out everything from the steering column to the glove box hole besides the heater controls and ignition. So basically it is a blank dash. Now i am in the process of doing the body work to make it pretty. I am using all-metal body filler that way it doesn't crack when the dash flexes due to the mass amount of cutting and welding done on it. I finished my wiring harness and have it set in place but i need to buy some wiring clamps to clamp it down. I also bought all of the rod ends and spacers needed to complete my steering linkage.

So from here all i need is time which i am very limited of. :-[

I will get some pics of what i have up in a little bit.;D

jeffjess72

Loc.
True Northern CA
kinda sorta lol

I totally redid my dash. I cut out everything from the steering column to the glove box hole besides the heater controls and ignition. So basically it is a blank dash. Now i am in the process of doing the body work to make it pretty. I am using all-metal body filler that way it doesn't crack when the dash flexes due to the mass amount of cutting and welding done on it. I finished my wiring harness and have it set in place but i need to buy some wiring clamps to clamp it down. I also bought all of the rod ends and spacers needed to complete my steering linkage.

So from here all i need is time which i am very limited of. :-[

I will get some pics of what i have up in a little bit.;D

Sounds like you are still working away at it. We would love to see some pictures. :)

how about your new bronco? how is it coming along?

It's been sitting in the garage for a few weeks now! :( We have been really busy then Jeff hurt his back and has not done much with it yet. We got a good quote for paint. ;D Only problem is that we got a good quote to fix some spots, fill in some holes and paint part of Jeffs :-X .... so his is in the body shop and mine will be after the new year. We got new leaf springs, coils and shocks for mine. Should have them on soon. Still having some issues with the electrical. I'm just thrilled that I finally have my own. I plan on having it at SOB!

Jess