• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

All Bronco's 4x4?

67ster

Bronco Guru
That thread has popped up here several times but no one has come up with a pic. or any proof . The factory may have thought of it for a small delivery vehicle , like a mail truck but I don't think it ever happened . Jeeps and perhaps Scouts did . The only 2x4 Bronco I ever saw was "Big Oly" but it was a hybrid .

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
;D ;D ;D Well no they did make a few 2 wd in the earley 66/67 that I have only seen 2 since 66 but thery a couple around had a strate axle like a mail heep. The first one I saw was on a used car lot in san bernardino ca. it was at the holiday olds used cars on e st. :p :p :p Bill 8) %) :p

thesnake

Bronco Guru
Not factory, but the c-4 went out on my mud truck, so I'm considering popping in a 2wd c-6 and having the drive shaft cut down. If I do this, I'll run a dana 30 up front and 4.11 9" in the back. 351C for the power plant.

John

SACHEM

Back From the Dead
There is a very early model not to far from my home. It looks to be a 66 but there are no lockout hubs. only silver caps where they should be. I haven't looked at it up close but I've been meaning to introduce myself to the owner. Perhaps it is 2 wheel drive or maybe full time 4 wheel drive. Either way it is strange and it looks factory. I believe it may be time to make a new friend a get some pics.

cjjhalfcab

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Oologah, OK _
I think that 66 probably has the odd-looking front hubs -- they have lockouts, but they look much different than the hubs we are used to seeing.

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
;D ;D ;D The 66 did have different hubs they had small centers and only 3 bolts to hold them on I have a set or two hear also the earley ones that didnt come with the hubs just had a one pc. cap that locked the hubs to the axle my 68 has that typ on it now (dirt racer) it dosnt need freerunning hubs.:p :p :p Bill 8) :p %)