• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Alternator Upgrade- from stock 5.0HO 65 Amp

Save-A-Horse

Loc.
Grandville, MI
Do any of you have experience w/ the 3G PA Performance 95 Amp Alternator upgrade? What else would you recommend?

That's what I'm leaning on doing. I would like to add a winch this year and even without one I notice my rig does not have enough juice. I've often thought maybe it was my hack wiring job under the dash, that something just aint right. My headlights are somewhat dim... and the speakers will sometimes go out momentarily when I turn on the blinkers.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
95 amps would be fine with EFI. The winch will put more load on the alternator when you're using it. No alternator will keep up with the load of a heavy winch pull. More amps will recharge the battery (after the winch use) quicker but 95 amps will get it done.