• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Aluminum Intake

triggers68

Loc.
El Dorado, AR
Hey guys, I am putting a EFI set up from and 89' Mustang 5.0. on my 302. I bead blasted the intake and got it looking like new and am now wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to seal it to keep it looking that way.

Thanks,

Trigger

kholding

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Las Vegas, NV
Powder coat it clear. That is exactly what I did with my lower intake.

Attachments

• DSC_0358.jpg
    DSC_0358.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 111

barronj

Bronco Guru
So glad I got on the forum just now! I was just about to start a thread for this, since I'm about to switch as well! Powdercoat clear looks great!

beaux312

Loc.
Hartford, AL
I primed mine 2 times and got it slick then painted it the color of my Bronc

Attachments

• TFPOS10.jpg
    TFPOS10.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 72
  • TFPOS11.jpg
    TFPOS11.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 54

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Last upper intake I had blasted I could never get all the media out. Every time I bumped it a little more would come loose and fall out. Ended up selling the intake pretty much as scrap. Wash, soapy water, solvent, etc. Nothing would clean the grit out. Was not about to put that on a fresh motor. Are you really sure the upper intake is truely clean of ALL the media?

OP
OP
triggers68

triggers68

Loc.
El Dorado, AR
Last upper intake I had blasted I could never get all the media out. Every time I bumped it a little more would come loose and fall out. Ended up selling the intake pretty much as scrap. Wash, soapy water, solvent, etc. Nothing would clean the grit out. Was not about to put that on a fresh motor. Are you really sure the upper intake is truely clean of ALL the media?

Now youve got me thinking, I need to bump mine a few times to make sure no dandruff falls out. Thanks for the thought. Also: I am putting this 89' 5.0 setup on a newly built 84' 302. Which intake gaskets are suggested, the ones for the 302 or the 5.0?