• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

And yet another new wiring project begins!

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It seems like all I do is rewire Bronco's lately. This ons is getting a Centech while all the others have had Painless so I guess I will get to see the differences. It is also getting Vintage air so that is a first for me as well. On top of that Sniper Fuel Injection and electric push button auto trans controller are going in so this should be interesting.

Attachments

• centech.jpg
    centech.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 64

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Should be fun! Be interesting to go through it with all the differences between the two harnesses.

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I really like the Centech Harness a lot. I just wish it was not already loomed.

jmhend

Bronco Guru
I have installed the Centech and I am waiting on the painless harness to install it?

jamesroney

Contributor
Loc.
Fremont, CA
So the Bronco in the picture looks like a 69. I'm guessing because it doesn't have marker lights, but it does have the 68+ parking lights.

That means that the original fuse box was mounted to the firewall near the throttle, and there are two square holes punched in the firewall for the bulkhead connectors. It also means that there are zero wiring holes in the passenger side firewall at the apron. Also, there is no wiring hole on the drivers side firewall at the apron (near the wiper washer grommet)

I am curious to see how you manage the firewall modifications. It drives me crazy when I get an already painted car...and then I have to weld up holes. Are you going to try to use the factory location for the pass thru...or will you drill holes in the firewall and put the fuse box in the glove box?

I would be very interested in buying the old harness when you are done. I need some 68-70 under dash harness connectors to repair mine.

Please post progress!

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yes it is a 68. The entire dash and firewall have already been modified and no holes are there so it is a clean slate that way. I don't have the old wiring as it is long gone.